Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I thought the covers on my GS were unique

Crazy timing cover for a GS on eBay.

Ha! I like the way he shoots down a low baller......

Q: hello,,,i have an 82 GS1100GL...it has a different cover than most gs1100 so i dont think yours would fit min...that being said I would take a chance & give 100.00 plus act. frt. to 30076 if no one bids on this if your interested...it is a very nice piece...thanks, MattFeb-26-08

A: Hi Matt, You should wait until after an auction has ending to low ball a seller as there is no intuitively obvious incentive to consider your position while the auction is still open. Sellers only get desperate after the auction ends with no bids. I think an '82 GS1100GL is a two valve shaft drive bike and may not be worthy to honor and carry something so outstandingly unique by my hand. I hope it goes on a GS1100 4 valve with a big bore kit, delay box, slider clutch and trac chassis or it'll probably be screwed to the wall in the shrine in my garage with my collection of Bell Helicopter parts. Matt, do you know how many guys are wathing this item? I do. Right MadJack? Hey Jack, I meant to add your email to the auction listing but you know me, too quick on the button - it's how I got all those perfect lights... and my share of reds too.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I might buy that and put it on my "Pirate" motorcycle.

Comment

After reading his Dis response I hope no one bids on it and he has to go back with "Hat in Hand" asking the GL owner if he's still interested.

Its nice work but on how many bikes would it look appropriate? I'd rather have a yosh cover.

Comment

I know this guy. Doug has an attitude but is within his rights to shoot down the looky-lous. I've bought helicopter parts from him and his stuff is genuine first class gear. He just doesn't like his time wasted

Comment

By the way I also bought the bike that this was meant for. I wasn't interested in the pirate stuff, so he kept it to resell

Comment

If you don't like your time wasted. It may be that ebay and craigslist are not for you. If you're going to snipe at every twelve year old who baits you with questions like that, you won't get much work done. It is nice work though. I think it will look good on his wall.

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
                By the way I also bought the bike that this was meant for. I wasn't interested in the pirate stuff, so he kept it to resell
                A lot of work for a cover (price is nothing compared to the time to make it I bet).

Can't imagine putting parts like this on a real race bike. I'm still sick over that last paint job we did. Sht happens on these bikes no matter how careful you are. This thing belongs on a race bike that you can keep inside your living room and drink beers and talk sht with your buddies about how fast it is (even if you never have started it). Seen a few bikes like that. LOL.

I would like to have seen the rest of the parts he made. Did you take any pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
                  I know this guy. Doug has an attitude but is within his rights to shoot down the looky-lous. I've bought helicopter parts from him and his stuff is genuine first class gear. He just doesn't like his time wasted
                  I guess I wouldn't consider $100 plus shipping costs a low ball offer.
                  He may do great and unique work but......
                  ZERO bids so far...hope he doesn't waste his time waiting for a GOOD offer.

Comment

He lives on a mountain in Colorado at just under 12000ftrirght at the tree line. thin air. He deals in parts for multi million dollar helicopters. I can guarantee that he really doesn't need the money

Comment

Oh well, I guess there will not be a pirate GS on this site any time soon...

I was thinking some sort of mast, rigging and a jolly roger flag.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post

Aye, tis an ill wind!

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post

Arrrggg! 'T'is be a mighty fine vessel she would be! Prepare to be boarded!! Arrrrggggg!!!!

He does fine craftwork, that can't be denied. But as far as good taste, I really doubt that there are that many GS owners out there will to put that kind of "Bling" on a real performance GS. His comment about the two valve GS1100 shafty not being "worthy to honor and carry something so outstandingly unique" is rather crappy. If only he knew that almost all the pro stock GS bikes use two valves heads...

Personally, I wouldn't care to do business with him. The potential bidder was a little premature in his offer but the seller's response indicates to me that he is not someone pleasant to deal with if there were a problem.

Hap

Comment

Working...
                          X