GS1000 after market banana seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 after market banana seat?

I just bought a beautiful 1978 GS1000, It was set up for touring when I got it with a vetter fairing and an oversized king and queen saddle, I'm trying to sport it out a bit more and am looking for a new seat, I keep seeing this curved suzuki seat on a lot of gs pics on the net, love the way it compliments the lines of the bike,
    Any of you GS'ers know what kind of seat it is, and where I can find one?

any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Originally posted by jurgenllederhossen View Post
    I just bought a beautiful 1978 GS1000, It was set up for touring when I got it with a vetter fairing and an oversized king and queen saddle, I'm trying to sport it out a bit more and am looking for a new seat, I keep seeing this curved suzuki seat on a lot of gs pics on the net, love the way it compliments the lines of the bike,
    Any of you GS'ers know what kind of seat it is, and where I can find one?

any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    Got a pic of what you see or what you are looking for?

Comment

I think he's looking for something like this:

Scott

Comment

thanks

holy s--t you guys are fast.

yeh thats the style, figured out its a Giuliari seat, would thety make one for a gs1000 or would a gs850 seat fit just as nice, and where (aside from ebay) could I find one

Gs resources forum keeners are my new heros

Comment

Originally posted by jurgenllederhossen View Post
          holy s--t you guys are fast.

yeh thats the style, figured out its a Giuliari seat, would thety make one for a gs1000 or would a gs850 seat fit just as nice, and where (aside from ebay) could I find one

Gs resources forum keeners are my new heros
          eBay is your best shot for anything. Next best thing is your local MC bone yard.

Comment

i have never seen such a shaped seat on a gs... interesting.

that pan looks toast!!

Comment

you still have the old king and queen?

I would love to look at it and see if it fits my bike

Mike
              ekim189@yahoo.com

Comment

Have you considered checking with a local upholsterer? They probably could make ou a new seat using your existing King/Queen pan.

Comment

thanks!

Yeah i didn't even know they could do that. I will totally look into that. You have any idea how much that is, or how much is too much for me to pay?

Comment

thanks!

Yeah i didn't even know they could do that. I will totally look into that. You have any idea how much that is, or how much is too much for me to pay?

Comment

I paid $150.00 for the local upholsterer to redo a CBX seat. He put a step in the seat, changed the foam density and recovered it with a Corbin-like cover.
                      Those Guiliari seats are rare in North America. They turn up a bit more frequently on E-Bay U.K.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                      X