No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce and Mister Cinders, you both have me drooling. Time and money...where art thou?

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Just picked this one up this morning=)

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
        Here's my '79 GS750L. YES, it is an L model, say what you want about it but I think I did a good job de-L'ing it for a substantial riding improvement-superbike bars, one off seat and rearset fabrication, rejetted to 125 main's, APE filters, MAC 4-1 exhaust. Still under 9k miles

^That's me after a 180 mile ride from school in Schenectady, NY back home at Medfield, MA. The new 530 sprockets are geared more for acceleration and resulted in much more vibration at highway speeds. Not to mention the MDI shocks are like struts and the seat I fabricated I haven't finished... it only has neoprene foam which is okay for riding around town but feels like concrete after an hour on the road. I couldn't feel my A$$ for days!
        Edit: some before pictures for comparison...

how did you do the seat/fender set up? that looks nice!

Comment

Originally posted by scaylabs View Post
          A few details to finish but this is basically it:

I must say that you, sir, have one of my favorite bikes on here. To be honest seeing this bike got me thinking about my own. I'm considering taking some queues from your bike and applying them to my own.

Props!

-Joe

Comment

william henry, you mentioned 125 mains. Did you also richen the jet needles position?
            Your bike looks good!
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I love the look of your bike, I want to do somthing similay in mine! Do you have a build tread?

Originally posted by AMF Racing View Post
              picked it up a month ago like this

finished product...

Comment

i have the same type of set up on my 850.....pics in my profile

Comment

My '82 GS1200G with 34CV carbs and pods (that don't work on them. )

And with factory Air box and different mirrors...

No hacksaws were used in this build. Does it still qualify as "Custom"?

Daniel

Comment

This is my offering, mildly custom 79 1000 L, 1100 E headlight, mini blinkers, mini tail light, Alligator skin vinyl seat cover. Cut my levers down a bit shorter, Daytona Handle bars, painted my fork leg lowers - dark gray metaflake - Duplicolor Rim paint, also did the top of my tank with that same paint. Everything else is stock, engine,carbs, electrics.

Comment

Originally posted by william_henry View Post
                      how did you do the seat/fender set up? that looks nice!
                      My thoughts the same on the seat tail section. Looks very good.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post

No hacksaws were used in this build. Does it still qualify as "Custom"?

Daniel
                        I like the colors. What exhaust is that?
                        Dogma
                        --
                        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                        '80 GS850 GLT
                        '80 GS1000 GT
                        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Gsxr, well pretty much everything. Most recent addition is the 91 GSXR750 engine. Actually not to bad of a swap. Other then a couple mounts there wasnt much fab to do.

Comment

1979 gs550 bobber

Comment

Originally posted by tofast View Post
                              1979 gs550 bobber
                              sweet i have a 78 550 bobber

Comment

Before and After (in Progress)
                                Last edited by mvalenti; 10-07-2011, 01:44 PM. Reason: forgot a pic....
                                -Mark
                                Boston, MA
                                Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                                sigpic
                                1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Working...
                                X