Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats a cool bike mistercinders

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
    Here is an updated set of pics from my latest paint and body work.

The tank with knee dents ended up too narrow in the front to fit my frame, so I am working with some spreaders to get it back into shape. For now, I have my original tank (which I also painted to match the color scheme) on the bike.

I may try to set off the knee dents with rubber pads or a few coats of spray on bed-liner. Otherwise the tanks sides are bit too open for may taste.

I also am hunting down ideas for the tank emblem space. After sealing over the emblem mounts, I want to paint something in that area, but haven't decided what. The theme to the bike is LSU, so I might use stencils to put "LSU" on the tank, but using the Suzuki stylized "S."

Even with the current Suzuki emblem tank, it will be a lot of fun pulling up to the local Tiger Alumni bar for the 'Bama game next Saturday.

Comment

gsx400f

work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by jdkingsley View Post
        work in progress

Your bike is an interesting twist on a GSX400. I think I like it. Dual brakes? That's not stock, is it? Keep up the good job. Cheers!

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Your bike is an interesting twist on a GSX400. I think I like it. Dual brakes? That's not stock, is it? Keep up the good job. Cheers!

cg
          as far as the brakes they are stock i would love to put a bigger engine in but not sure what will fit I'm a big lad at 22 stone sorry that's 308 lbs for you guys across the pond so needs a bit more grunt

Comment

308? i thought i was big at 6' 4" 250

Comment

Originally posted by Blake View Post
              308? i thought i was big at 6' 4" 250
              and im only 5' 6" with 29" inside leg so a short arse so need low seat hight

Comment

WOW... well this came to mind..
                -Mark
                Boston, MA
                Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                sigpic
                1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Originally posted by mvalenti View Post
                  WOW... well this came to mind..
                  something like that

Comment

LOL, yeah, some of the fellas on another chopper board, say they mod thier smaller bikes so they look less like circus bears when riding... Just a funny image.
                    -Mark
                    Boston, MA
                    Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                    sigpic
                    1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

its amazing what can be done by some of you.but the seats on some are unrideable.
                      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Ever considered switching the rear shock for a slightly shorter one? Short and adjustable to make stiffer so it doesn't bottom out (if that's a concern?).

Comment

1980 GS850G. debadged tank and side emblems, custom decals, Complete repaint Color change and three coats of 2K glamour Gloss clear urethane. (tail cover in process so not on bike) driving lights, headlight trim, cam cover end caps, fork lowers, and timing cover (not shown) are also color change.

Comment

'Nuther view, (I love how this pic shows the gloss on the tank)

Last edited by Guest; 10-16-2011, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Tank getting de-badge and fill. Took some grinding to get the screw plate down for filling.

After, but before decals and three coats of clear...

Comment

New seat, tail, and number plates...

Comment

Working...
                                X