• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drivera84 View Post
    way cool pete!
    Thanks again Driver

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
    That exhaust. explain. very cool!
    That exhaust is just fan-frickin-tastic actually... custom made by a local mob here called Tranzac and not only was it made *exactly* how I envisioned it, but it sounds awesome, really really impressed with the work those guys do

It's ceramic coated also which definitely keeps it somewhat cooler on the outside compared to chrome and I like the finish better too, almost like a brushed aluminium.

Originally posted by Octain View Post
    Dang Pete,
    That bike looks awesome!
    Thanks mate, must say I'm happy with the end result

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
    Hey Pete....

Those are some really nice photo's.................and the bike looks really good........

Great work....
    Yeah borrowed the house mate's fancy camera for those ones. I'm pretty crap at photography but his camera makes anyone's photos look good... haha

Thanks, very happy with her

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    Followed your build thread,and all the work you did to get the paint just right. Well YOU DID!! Beautiful job.
    Thanks mate! I think the paint could do with a touch more polishing, but she looks pretty good in the sun

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous Pete.... Those pics really show her off well. CONGRATS!
    Thanks again Hoosier! I'd really like to get some more out in the wild rather than the driveway though... soon enough I'm sure
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Some pictures of my bike with a few customizations made to it, Its an 82 gs 1100 gl. Im in the process of customizing it a bit more. After I get my next few customizations made, I will post more pictures.

but for now, Im having a hard time locating forward controls for this model. Does anyone have any clues on where to find useable forward controls for this model, preffereably relatively inexpensive. let me know.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
          Probably about as far as mines gonna go this direction. This winter its getting a cafe/fighter treatment. Mono shock and upgrade front suspension and brakes are first on the list. Money permitting.

An Updated shot of my bike for this thread cuz I like posting pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
            An Updated shot of my bike for this thread cuz I like posting pictures.

Your bike deserves the "Most Improved Award". Truly a nice transition!

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by MK3Brent View Post
              minimal, nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                Your bike deserves the "Most Improved Award". Truly a nice transition!

cg
                i have to agree, good job!

Comment

Originally posted by drivera84 View Post

cool bike....do you have a build tread?
                  I would also like to see the build/mods list. Amazing bike

Comment

95% done. stainless brake lines, front master cylinder, throttle housing and she's done...for this season

Comment

Gravedigger reborn as a motorcycle

Comment

My first motorcycle, a 1981 GS550L (the dreaded L model I know). It runs strong and the PO kept pretty good mechanical care of it but I don't think it had ever been cleaned. It weeps a little oil which isn't a huge deal but it had never seen degreaser and was caked with dirt, oil and road grime. I've spent the last two weeks on my days off cleaning up the bike.

When I first got her home

Pics from today

The tank is still dented but is no longer peeling and faded, it's a solid color until I get around to fixing it right . Superbike bars and Oury grips replaced the stock stuff, smaller turn signals, repainted some things, rotated the fender back to make it shorter, and other small things.

I have some SS brake lines sitting in the room waiting to be install and the supplies to make fab up a new seat . I'm still deciding on what kind of tail light to go with. That's it for now, it's been a fun project so far.

Comment

Lot of imagination shown in the bikes! Keep on tinkering guys!
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Dark30 Roll-Out

Wheels on the ground....

Comment

Its got a few new things now. But here it is!

Comment

79 GS850G. Re-jetted to pods, Cafe racer bars and mirrors. 4 into 1 Vance and Hines Exhaust. All aluminum polished. Blacked out engine. New seat cover. New paint. The whole thing has been taken apart and gone through by a local pro. He also put in a new clutch. Clear fuel lines so that you can see the fuel running through them. Blacked the wheels.

The last pic is a buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X