No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all good. I only wish I have the skills and tools to custom my GS like all of yours!

Every single piece of fairing were either missing or broken, and instead of spending big money on new pieces I took them all off and had myself a little stickerbomb project .

Comment

Originally posted by Chitownhillbilly View Post
      I'm pretty sure they are Mags from an XS650.
      I reckon they're from a late 70's bonneville.

Last edited by Guest; 05-27-2012, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilEnfield View Post
        I reckon they're from a late 70's bonneville.

http://www.classic-british-motorcycl...eSpecial-l.jpg
        They look like a set of Lester mags, my brother has an early Honda GL1000 that has a set on it.
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
          WOW! That sux, I can't believe they f'd up that......just kidding, it's your cup a tea, but don't expect many here to like what you did, everyone has their own vision, and some are just blind.
          what bike are you talking about???

Comment

Originally posted by kb_air View Post
            what bike are you talking about???
            post #1697

Comment

Here's mine

here is the one that I am working on.. not done either.. but getting closer every day...

Comment

Originally posted by trinitysj View Post
                here is the one that I am working on.. not done either.. but getting closer every day...

Sweet !!!....
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Thanks for the comment.

I tried really hard to keep the lines of the bike. The rear frame to tail, the tank to nose lines and the height of the rear not overpowering the tank height.

I am really pleased with the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by trinitysj View Post

With the exception of the pods, and add some side covers, actually looks like it could have been a production bike like this. Nice bike.

Comment

Thanks. That was the look that I was going for, a production look. Kind of a "what if" thing.

Comment

Originally posted by trinity View Post
                        Thanks. That was the look that I was going for, a production look. Kind of a "what if" thing.
                        I know you said you had more to do, maybe consider breaking up all the flat black look, repaint the engine half/half, some black some silver, maybe red accents on the wheels, might make the whole bike POP a little and stand out more.
                        But yeah, you achieved your goal for the most part, now ride the rubber off it.

Comment

Now that old_skool mentioned it, I also was thinking of perhaps white cam covers and ignition cover on that.
                          Along with the white side covers of course.

Eric

Comment

Yeah.. the engine is getting cleaned thouroly and getting a coat of fresh paint.. black lower, silver upper or silver lower and black upper.. not sure yet.. I AM riding the rubber off of it as well.

Comment

i thought of putting all of the electronics under the seat and doing the clean look through the battery area. Might be a good look too. Not sure...

Comment

I think the Stormtrooper look works pretty well for the bike, but the electronics do need to be covered.

Comment

Working...
                                X