Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CocoTiTs View Post
    a lot of beautiful custom bikes in this thread. awsome guys.

does anyone have any good pics of their controls and bars. i am goin crazy to either upgrade to newer year controls or repaint fix up mine. i am just curious what everyone here has done. and post some pics! cuz there is never a pic of the bars included!
    Hmmmm... this is the best I have... custom dash with my Acewell gauge:

And the best shot I have of my 'bars and controls after installing the Acewell but before making the dash. Right control is stock, left control is off a later GSXR600 from memory which gives me the choke lever there. 'Bars are medium braced motorcross 'bars and I love 'em.

I also have hand guards on there and have since replaced those horrid cheap rubber grips with old style foam ones which I find much better on the hands.
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

My GS,slightly modified .... worth a post here.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
        Hmmmm... this is the best I have... custom dash with my Acewell gauge:

And the best shot I have of my 'bars and controls after installing the Acewell but before making the dash. Right control is stock, left control is off a later GSXR600 from memory which gives me the choke lever there. 'Bars are medium braced motorcross 'bars and I love 'em.

I also have hand guards on there and have since replaced those horrid cheap rubber grips with old style foam ones which I find much better on the hands.
        Wow. Thanks a lot. You have don't a great job there. I really wanted to get bars just like that and was thinking the same thing for the choke lever there!! Seen some of those years on eBay. Great. Do you have a build thread for your dash and guage? What brand bars do you have exactly? And model?

Comment

What brand bars do you have exactly? And model?
          Ebay has thousands of them, most quads/atvs use them, I think they look appropriate on a scrambler or enduro style bike, but look a little out of place on most street bikes. Looks great on Pete's bike, especially with the hand guards.

Comment

Wow. Thanks a lot. You have don't a great job there. I really wanted to get bars just like that and was thinking the same thing for the choke lever there!! Seen some of those years on eBay. Great. Do you have a build thread for your dash and guage? What brand bars do you have exactly? And model?
            Thanks mate, I love how neutral they feel! Come to hand very easily and haven't given me any grief. I am however starting to think about trying some 'bar end weights as they may be a little more vibey due to the lower weight of the alloy vs. the stock steel.

The Acewell install and dash build are hidden in my rebuild thread... which is a little long Start at post #2177 where I make the speed sensor bracket and go from there. Post #2217 is where I start making the dash.

The 'bars are "Bike It" brand and they were listed as "Medium Braced" 'bars, and I got them locally at an after market dealer that I've had good experience with.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
              Thanks mate, I love how neutral they feel! Come to hand very easily and haven't given me any grief. I am however starting to think about trying some 'bar end weights as they may be a little more vibey due to the lower weight of the alloy vs. the stock steel.

The Acewell install and dash build are hidden in my rebuild thread... which is a little long Start at post #2177 where I make the speed sensor bracket and go from there. Post #2217 is where I start making the dash.

The 'bars are "Bike It" brand and they were listed as "Medium Braced" 'bars, and I got them locally at an after market dealer that I've had good experience with.
              Great! Thanks for the info Pete!
              I'll be starting a build thread of my own soon too.

Comment

A work in progress, slightly modified here and there.

Comment

Great! Thanks for the info Pete!
                  I'll be starting a build thread of my own soon too.
                  Good stuff Shayne, be interesting to see what you do...

Originally posted by jeffasaurus2 View Post

Love it Jeff! Very clean! I like how the indicators, tail light, and mirrors really contract the edges in to make it just the bike. Looks like different 'bars too? Those spoke wheel T's sure are nice! I think one of those would've made a better base for my idea of a scrambler to be honest

sigpic

Comment

I'm not normally a fan of 450T's, but I like yours! Cheers.

cg
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks a lot guys!

Pete, I think I've got the super bike bars on there from Z1. I must say your scrambler is a masterpiece, some inspiration definitely comes from you build!

Comment

Thanks a lot guys!

Pete, I think I've got the super bike bars on there from Z1. I must say your scrambler is a masterpiece, some inspiration definitely comes from you build!
                        It must be the bars and the wire wheels which make it work for me. Somewhat smooths the L features out of the bike. I'm a sucker for a blue bike with wire wheels.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks a lot guys!

Aaah cool, they certainly work better than the stock ones!

And thanks, I must say I'm still stoked with it every time I walk in the garage... still have days I can't believe I actually got it done and that it turned out so well

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                          It must be the bars and the wire wheels which make it work for me. Somewhat smooths the L features out of the bike. I'm a sucker for a blue bike with wire wheels.

cg
                          Agreed Charlie, it works so well...

sigpic

Comment

heres my gs700
                            stock as stock can be

Comment

81' GS750L

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X