No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^ I'm digging that bike. Like the look.

Comment

+1 ^^^^^ That's really nice, I think I found my inspiration. anything you can remember about that build Groundshock I'd love to hear.

Thanks
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by CocoTiTs View Post
        a lot of beautiful custom bikes in this thread. awsome guys.

does anyone have any good pics of their controls and bars. i am goin crazy to either upgrade to newer year controls or repaint fix up mine. i am just curious what everyone here has done. and post some pics! cuz there is never a pic of the bars included!
        These are Yamaha clip on style that mount on the fork tubes. Still gives you the up riding position but allows you to swing the bars back or forward to what ever is most comfortable for your wrists. If you want the forward lean look like a cafe, then mount them under the triple.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Groundshock your bike is beautiful man. Great job!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys. Lots of time in that bike. Selling it is a top 10 life regret for me, but I'm trying to find another to duplicate it.

haggisbasher, any questions feel free to ask.

Comment

Hey Groundshock

I really would like to know what mods if any you did to clean up the back end. I see a new tail lamp (what did it come from?) and led turn signals. \The fender looks original? but did you relocate it up or in at all. It looks superclean and neat. Did you paint or powder coat the fenders? If paint did you have to do a lot of prep to get paint to stick to the chrome?

Sorry for the Q's but it is easily the nicest, neatest L conversion I have seen on this site. I have been swinging between cafe, bobber and wrenchmonkees styles for my L but none of them look as sweet as that bike. And I may be wrong but I don't see any major mods just good attention to detail and design.

Comment

My rule on modifications is no frame mods. I absolutely detest this cafe/bobber bull**** that's resulted in countless vintage UJM's being destroyed by idiots with hacksaws and flat black bomb cans.

That said, I wanted a clean rear end and a blacked out bike. The seat was shaved down and probably would've gotten a better job done professionally had I kept it.

The tail light was purchased on ebay, some generic deal, and the turn signals are 3" signal lights for semi-trucks.

The rear fender is the stocker, but it's remounted in a higher position.

Both fenders were sprayed with the same black as the frame/side covers/tank, they were sanded with 500 until all shiny was gone, then coated with etching primer and painted. Same with the wheels.

Engine was done in a satin black and the outside fins were highlighted with a sanding block.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Comment

Awesome Groundshock I appreciate your time

Comment

Hey Rich, the black cases look totally awesome! Nice descision!

Comment

Old Skool, Where did you get those awesome mirrors from? They look super aggressive but functional at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                        Ive owned since 96

what seat is this? im looking for options for my gs1100e, don't enjoy the stock one very much

Comment

Originally posted by TYursin View Post
                          what seat is this? im looking for options for my gs1100e, don't enjoy the stock one very much
                          That looks like a Corbin 'Gunfighter' seat to me. They do look great on 1100E's, especially with the red piping on them.

Comment

Sweet ride.

Comment

Originally posted by TYursin View Post
                              It's a Corbin. I've got two of them, one is identical to it, the other can be seen on the bike below. New I believe they go for about three hundred dollars, you can find them on ebay and craigslist sometimes even in the parts for sale section on here for much less than the cost of new.

Here's a link to it:

While I'm at it, I may as well post mine, not like I've never posted pictures on here before.

The other Corbin seat is for the gray 1100, I'm still gathering parts for it.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Great looking bike. Got the jetting right?
                                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                                X