Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evan132 View Post
    Love that yellow 1150, very tastefully done. It's got all the right stuff.
    Thanks Evan,
    I have always wanted to paint my 85 GS1150 yellow infact I bought the paint for its called yellow chrome it is a Ford color and got talked out of it. So when a friend in NJ. sent me a link from craiglist I knew it had to be mine. He went over checked it out and picked it up for me. He is holding it in his garage until I can pick it up. It was featured it two magazines. and in a calender in England that is where it came from. The two magazine articals and the calender comes with it. I paid way less than the carbs, pipe, swingarm, and shock would normaly cost. I feel like I stole it I got it so cheep. And when I get it home I am gonna ride it like I stole it.
    Last edited by stetracer; 01-26-2013, 03:39 PM.
    My stable
    84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
    85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
    88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
    98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
    90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
    06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
    00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

How quick was the Honda? I ran an '83 1100 f for a couple years, quickest was 10.19 at 128.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
        How quick was the Honda? I ran an '83 1100 f for a couple years, quickest was 10.19 at 128.
        9.69 was my usual dial in. The best on the motor only was 9.62 @ 144 mph and it went a best of 8.97 @ 155 mph sprayin it. And that was very quick back then not very many street legel bikes running in the 9's back then
        Last edited by stetracer; 01-26-2013, 04:30 PM.
        My stable
        84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
        85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
        88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
        98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
        90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
        06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
        00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

I've just spent the past couple of days going through this thread. It is so interesting how much diversity there is here , all of the work involved and some really creative minds at work. My favorite is a green 400 posted about a year ago. Clean cafe, but I think that the small bikes pull off the cafe look a bit better.

That being said, there are a lot bikes that hit the top of the POS scale. How some would ever be ridden I have no idea. For some you could not be taller than 5 foot to fit in the ergonomics of the bike. Some, you would need 5 foot arms to ride. Others, you have a seat that would make even the most cushioned ass sore after a block or two. One had a suicide shifter and I have visions of shifting in a corner and steering with one hand, or in between two semis on the interstate. Clever though.

Before I get piled on, I appreciate the amount of work that is involved on a bike, I do it too. I also realize that this is a "mod" thread and for each idea there is a market. People like what they like. I guess what I'm saying is I have a better appreciation of the genius that produced the stock motorcycles.

Comment

Bikes end up looking like they do because of so many things.
            The owners personality and values. How much they can invest. What parts are available or "will work". How much patience they have. How much they can put up with when they take short cuts, etc.
            For the bikes that look a little "different", at least the owner tries. I agree some of them look unsafe. But nobody forces you to ride what you create except yourself.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

The Shaftie on the table getting the final treatment and electrics

Comment

coolshaft,
                love the color combo

Comment

Originally posted by waltergs1000 View Post
                  my 1980 gs 1000 g 2013 look

ciao
                  Molto bella! Lovely bike.
                  sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

my 1980 gs 1000 g 2013 look

ciao
                    Great looking bike and nice bags!! Does anyone know what they are?

Comment

bags are NONFANGO than thirty years ago
                      Ciao dall'Italia!

GS1000G 1980

Comment

bags are NONFANGO than thirty years ago
                        Thanks....their still i business: http://www.nonfango.com/en/index_en.html

Comment

Originally posted by coolshaft View Post

The Shaftie on the table getting the final treatment and electrics
                          Barry Sheene did ride a GS1000!

Comment

From the "Ghost in the Machine", the rebirth of "Frankencycle"

While not quite on par with most of the other "custom" GS bikes in this thread,
                            It is easier to post what is still stock '79 750E:

Frame
                            Handlebar and switchgear
                            Front and rear master cylinders
                            Rear tail piece and tail light
                            Rear fender and side covers

Parts from '78-'93 Suzuki's. 11 different models. And some after-market parts also.

I will try to give a break-down of most of the non-stock parts (that don't fit, of course) used in the make-over.

'78 750 gauges
                            '79 GS1000L front fender
                            '79 1000E bottom end
                            '80-up turn signals
                            '81 1100L cylinder
                            '81 1000G head
                            '83 1100E rims, calipers, headlight and swing arm
                            '83 1100GK triple trees, axle and forks with progressive suspension springs
                            '86 1150ES carbs ( no after-market kit) and rotors
                            '93 GSX1100G foot pegs

11 different models/years if you include the '79 750E. It covers 3 decades of Suzuki models.
                            Rattle can paint job Krylon Metallic Purple with 2K clear-coat on tank and tail. (shot with gun)

Non stock parts:
                            V & H header, Kerker can with home-made baffle, Andrews cams/coils/wires,
                            MTC 10.5:1 forged pistons 74mm bore and Marzocchi rear shocks.
                            Fully ported/polished cylinder head. Stainless steel bolts or grade 12.9 to replace all factory fasteners.

Note title, I cannot answer guestion about bike.
                            Last edited by gsrick; 02-15-2013, 08:04 PM.
                            GSRick
                            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

There is NO WAY there can be 13 different years in that bike Ghost...just ask any of the resident gurus. IT CANT BE DONE!!!!!! LMAO
                              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X