Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GmanGS450 View Post
    "That looks pretty nice. I didn't know 850's had spokes? "

I bought it used from a guy who fixes bikes on the side, it had GS850 tagged on it with a lot of other 850 parts in the same area of his garage, but It could be something else? Any suggestions, I have seen pictures of 750's with spokes.

GS550 or 750 is more likely. 850's are shaft bikes. If it's the rear from an 850...might be tough to convert.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by GmanGS450 View Post
      Here is my 1982 GS450T, mixed in are GS850 & GS250 spoke wheels, GSX front end, chopped frame, homemade rear sets, and powder coated gloss black.
      Nice! More shots? Looks like a good job, would love to see how you did the rear sets.

Love the stripes too, suit it perfectly.

My only suggeston would be do something about the gap between the front of the seat and tank... if you stop in a hurry that could be a little disastrous to the family jewels

And consider a fork brace... the stock front mudguard has one built in if you look underneath...
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Well that was an easy mistake to fix, no way it was off a shaft bike, gotta be either a 650 or 750.

Is there a way I can upload multiple pictures at once, I have a GOOGLE Drive that i can share a link to the photo album if thats allowed?

Comment

I don't know about posting a link to your photo album but if use a site like photobucket, you can paste up to 10 image codes in one post. Somewhere there is a thread about how to do it.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

If Google Drive allows public access via a direct link to the picture, then yep, basically the same deal as Photobucket.
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

82gs1100, your bike is simple and beautiful. NICE job! Now I have to decide what direction to go. I have a 82 gs1100e and a 80 gs1100es. My 79 1000s was franken biked way before franken bikes existed and I had gained any common sense... I need a donor gs1000 to transfer the franken mods to, so I can return the 1000s to a 1000s. have most of the important parts. Suggestions welcome on all of 'em!
              Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
              Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
              Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

My 1985 GS550L

Bought this just recently.. Nice little bike , but the electrics are not the best and they have not been molested much either...

Comment

I stumbled on this guys project this morning ...

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                  80 gs1000s

Comment

Here is my 82 GS1100E, she is a daily, or I guess I should say twice weekly rider. Her modifications are a custom stepped down leather seat, forged aluminum fork brace. The steel factory brace under the fender has been reinforced with a sheet of 6AL4V Titanium, its tensile strength is higher than 4130 chrome moly steel, but it is light. So the Titanium is in addition to the steel brace under the fender. It has K&N oval pod air filters. A 4 into 1 pipe, which is a factory Vance and Hines head pipe, and baffle, and a custom can with a heat shield. She also has an aftermarket oil cooler. The paint is fading, and the clear is starting to let go on top of the tank. This winter she is going to be torn down for a complete restoration. For now she is a survivor, and has never been restored, just used and used, LOL. I am also impressed at how strong she runs, I know they make a lot of faster bikes, but I don’t get board on this one.

Plans are new paint, seat cover with a gray sting ray leather (feels like sandpaper) insert where your azz contacts the seat, the rest will stay black. Also, possibly a fresh top end. I have two nice 75mm big bore kits, I have been thinking about using one on this bike. That is if I can find a good deal on some mild cams, a little bigger than the 1150 cams. If that happens I will dust off the old flow bench, and clean up the head, and open it up a bit. I have a set of inverted forks brakes and front wheel off of a GSXR100, or Busa I don’t know which, they have the 6 piston calipers. If I can find a matching rear wheel/swing arm, I might swap the inverted forks into it. I am going to try to post some pics.

print screen windows 7

[img=http://s6.postimg.org/nmrlmst5d/suzan2.jpg] screen shot on a pc

Comment

image hosting 20mb

Comment

screen shot on a pc

Comment

The Motorcycle is done. Except for possibly different paint in the future.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I'm getting closer with every day

Comment

Did a new version of the purple bike with a seat made from sheet metal.

Its inspiration is from a video game they make down in Champaign, so I rode it down there for a little studio tour.

Comment

The bike looks great!

Comment

Working...
                                X