X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    What a bruiser, Greg.
    I like it!
    +1. That's a beautiful, properly modded GS. Way to go!
    '80 GS1000ST
    '92 ZX-11
    Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

The latest set of mods have been installed. (Painted Upper triple tree and handle bar clamps, new speedo & tach, and headlight visor)

The turn signal wiring through me for a loop, but I ordered a Diode Kit from Amazon and will be installing it soon.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

No more mods (for now).... Time to ride......
      Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2014, 05:49 PM. Reason: to complete post

Comment

xtribe, any L model front master cylinder will fit level on those handlebars and even look like it belongs there.

Comment

Work is now slowing down on my 'Yoshi' GS1000... main thing I want to do next is fit a TR750 style tail piece with a single-seat unit.

Comment

Originally posted by tfb View Post
            Work is now slowing down on my 'Yoshi' GS1000... main thing I want to do next is fit a TR750 style tail piece with a single-seat unit.

That is a great looking bike the way she sits.

If you go that direction I would recommend you hang on to the parts that are on her now, because what you are changing her to will not be as appealing to the broadest range of people.
            82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
            80 gs1000s

Comment

Thanks Gregory, and thanks for the good advice too. Yes, all the standard parts get stored on the shelf, and for the most part I have avoided modifications that can't be reversed by someone in the future.

That said, the bike was in such a wretched state when I got it, that anything I've done has been a step in the right direction! Here's where it all began:

Comment

Thanks Gregory, and thanks for the good advice too. Yes, all the standard parts get stored on the shelf, and for the most part I have avoided modifications that can't be reversed by someone in the future.

That said, the bike was in such a wretched state when I got it, that anything I've done has been a step in the right direction! Here's where it all began:

WOW ! Talk about starting from scratch !

I hope the PO paid you to take it
                82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                80 gs1000s

Comment

I hope the PO paid you to take it
                  Actually no... I exchanged it for a carton of beer. I think he got the better end of the deal!
                  (By the way, the PO is 'Shedman' here on GSR.)

And now <drumroll> for my next project, I'm going to rebuild a Katana starting with a footpeg...

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                    xtribe, any L model front master cylinder will fit level on those handlebars and even look like it belongs there.

The unit I am using is a Brembo (more function & better control), and I was also going for a look of classic and new, otherwise I would have kept the original MC.

Comment

This is my Black Beauty

This is still a work in progress. I have a new seat/taillight and a welder friend....The new rear end is coming soon! It's running like a top!

Comment

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

A little paint on the motor fins and header, and new bars. I've painted the coil springs since the pic too. All subtle changes so far, but it looks better to me. It's still pretty close to stock, but would eventually like to do a custom paint job.
                        Last edited by knotscott; 05-22-2014, 09:25 AM.
                        '79 GS750 - 4th and current ride...first since 1983
                        '73 CB350 - 1st ride
                        '76 GT750 - 2nd ride - the "water buffalo" - sold to buy an engagement ring
                        '79 RD400F Daytona Special - 3rd ride, the last of the street legal US 2-strokes - sold to buy a house

Comment

I like the striping on the tank; is that an orig. scheme in your part of the world? We never got bikes with that paint design here in Australia, as far as I'm aware.

Comment

I like the striping on the tank; is that an orig. scheme in your part of the world? We never got bikes with that paint design here in Australia, as far as I'm aware.
                            Yep...mine's stock. Sometimes I like the striping, sometimes I'm note so sure...the stripes always seem to look better in the pics! I like, but have never loved the color combo. Even though I'd like to try a custom look eventually, I don't want to lose the possibility of switching back to stock, so I plan to keep the stock tank and buy a replacement tank to do a paint job on. Would also modify the rear cowl and bob the fender, but would look to keep the option of going back to stock on those as well.
                            Last edited by knotscott; 05-17-2014, 12:13 PM.
                            '79 GS750 - 4th and current ride...first since 1983
                            '73 CB350 - 1st ride
                            '76 GT750 - 2nd ride - the "water buffalo" - sold to buy an engagement ring
                            '79 RD400F Daytona Special - 3rd ride, the last of the street legal US 2-strokes - sold to buy a house

Comment

Here is where I'm at so far - 81 GS550T - tank is from a GT380 and rims from a GS1000 - open to suggestions for rear tail light/blinkers - didn't care for the stockers

Comment

My 1981 GS1000g
                                I have since rebuilt forks and polished legs
                                1981 GS1000g

Comment

Working...
                                X