Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by born2lose View Post
    Why? ......
    Ahhh yes I am young 20s, and anything to rub someone the wrong way. Otherwise looks better to me. All decals are part of the bike in someway anyways. I really don't give a F in this society anyways.

Comment

Here is my 750L, started of bone stock at the end of last summer and now looks like this. Just needs some new rear suspension and she is done. Cheers!

sigpic

'81 GS750LX with Katana fairing. Super custom.

Comment

1980 gs750e

This is my "new" toy/project, haven't had a bike since early 80's, but keep my hands busy doing paint, body, welding for small Va. based custom chopper shop in Gainsville, VA. This was built from a rolling chassis, motor gone through and plasti gauged, all good, stage 3 jets, new slides, polished cam lobes, valves adjusted, all brake parts rebuilt, stainless front lines, new rear line, very fast ride, almost scary. She will get a face lift, now I have to go through the wiring that I F%#ked up. We'll get back on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by yekrahs View Post
          Here is my 750L, started of bone stock at the end of last summer and now looks like this. Just needs some new rear suspension and she is done. Cheers!

I really like this!
          Could I trouble you to share what you have done? What model year is this?

Comment

Thanks! It is an '81, here is what I did:
            Progressive springs in the front
            All braided stainless brake lines
            New headlight
            New signals
            Shaved and recovered seat using original cover
            Trimmed down front fender (still have original)
            Telefix fork brace
            Reworked (with a big hammer) guage cluster bracket to sit lower/flatter
            Lucas style tail light
            Clubman bars
            Fork boots
            Bar end mirror
            Completely went over electrical system- eliminated all bullets and most connectors with soldered connections, added the recommended grounds etc.

I think one of the biggest things visually was getting the gauges to sit lower/flatter and of course the seat. Luckily I got it in good running order so all I really needed to do was clean/rebuild the brakes and clean up the electrical systems. I should note that in the pictures the bike has 12 3/8" shocks in the rear, stock I believe are 13" so the back is a little low (hopefully not for long)
            sigpic

'81 GS750LX with Katana fairing. Super custom.

Comment

All of my previously posted pictures have been lost due to the failure of my last image hosting site. So here are pictures of my 82 GS850G again, but more updated pictures now that the bike is finished.

photo hosting sites

free upload pictures

image hosting free

Comment

gs1000

1980 gs1000 e runs superb after sorting electrical gremlins,

Comment

Originally posted by yekrahs View Post

I''m not generally a big fan of the "L" series, but this one looks pretty cool! Nice job!
                  '79 GS750 - 4th and current ride...first since 1983
                  '73 CB350 - 1st ride
                  '76 GT750 - 2nd ride - the "water buffalo" - sold to buy an engagement ring
                  '79 RD400F Daytona Special - 3rd ride, the last of the street legal US 2-strokes - sold to buy a house

Comment

Yesterday I added a grab bar to my 1979 GS750E. The grab bar was sourced from a 1980 GS750 that I purchased from fellow GS member "Natan". The seat pan on my '79 wasn't originally intended for a grab bar, and needed some holes drilled, and some creative use of an old leather belt to make it work. I sure like the way it looks better than the old luggage rack that was mounted back there before. If I ever need the luggage rack for a trip, I can always put it back on.

Since acquiring the bike in April, I've swapped out the handlebars, added some black paint to the motor and headers, and now have added the grab bar. I've also got some new black turn signals coming, and will likely change out the mirrors too. Next up is to add raised white letters on the tires, then I'll pretty much be done with any custom changes, unless I decide to take the leap and change the original paint.

'79 GS750 - 4th and current ride...first since 1983
                    '73 CB350 - 1st ride
                    '76 GT750 - 2nd ride - the "water buffalo" - sold to buy an engagement ring
                    '79 RD400F Daytona Special - 3rd ride, the last of the street legal US 2-strokes - sold to buy a house

Comment

Originally posted by xtribe00 View Post
                      The latest set of mods have been installed. (Painted Upper triple tree and handle bar clamps, new speedo & tach, and headlight visor)

The turn signal wiring through me for a loop, but I ordered a Diode Kit from Amazon and will be installing it soon.

[IMG[/IMG]

/IMG]

No more mods (for now).... Time to ride......
                      What model master cylinder is that?, I have clubman bars ae well and I don't like the way the factory GS750 E 1980 rectagular cylinder site at the angle. Its worked fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by jbird7262 View Post
                        What model master cylinder is that?, I have clubman bars ae well and I don't like the way the factory GS750 E 1980 rectagular cylinder site at the angle. Its worked fine though.
                        That is an R6 Brembo Master Cyclinder

Comment

Jonboys GSish

1979 GS1000S, not for the purists this one as completely non standard.

Engine
                          1085 Wiseco, 28mm Mikuni carbs with K&N filters, 4into2into1 custom built stainless exhaust with very short Harris can.

Chassis
                          Standard front loop with shortened rear subframe, swingarm pivot strengthened and modified to accept 1997VFR single sided swinger and wheel, front end modded to accept vfr 750 front end with Hornet 600 top yoke. 1981 GSX1100 cast footrest plates.

Bodywork
                          Standard GS, although tail has had side reflectors removed and filled and also seat made by me.

Electrics
                          GSX1100 loom and switches (stripped of all unnecassarys ), Vapor dash, hidden ignition switch.

And so much more............

Jonboy
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jonboy View Post
                            1979 GS1000S, not for the purists this one as completely non standard.

Engine
                            1085 Wiseco, 28mm Mikuni carbs with K&N filters, 4into2into1 custom built stainless exhaust with very short Harris can.

Chassis
                            Standard front loop with shortened rear subframe, swingarm pivot strengthened and modified to accept 1997VFR single sided swinger and wheel, front end modded to accept vfr 750 front end with Hornet 600 top yoke. 1981 GSX1100 cast footrest plates.

Bodywork
                            Standard GS, although tail has had side reflectors removed and filled and also seat made by me.

Electrics
                            GSX1100 loom and switches (stripped of all unnecassarys ), Vapor dash, hidden ignition switch.

And so much more............

Jonboy
                            you must have more photos....you can leave us with just one....and a very nice one BTW

Comment

Yes, more pictures please

Originally posted by greenbraes View Post
                              you must have more photos....you can leave us with just one....and a very nice one BTW
                              I second the motion for more pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship62 View Post
                                I second the motion for more pictures.
                                3rd.. Sweet bike!
                                sigpic

82 GS850
                                78 GS1000
                                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                                .................________-|___\____
                                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|