Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siminoz View Post
    I'm using this http://www.thermalvelocity.com.au/Ex...rap/p-105-410/ wrapped around the muffler (lol) and end pipe as it runs up and under the seat and out through the tailpiece. The aluminium ring which surrounds the end tip of the exhaust has been treated to protect the plastic and paint on the tailpiece.
    I have lined the underside of the seat base with this http://www.thermalvelocity.com.au/He...eld/p-113-465/ And have also covered the battery box, electronics tray, etc with the same stuff. Hopefully this will keep me and my electrics protected
    That wrap will take the heat, but it will transfer heat. Eventually high levels of heat will come through. What you need to look into is a Refractory Ceramic blanket. It can not only take heat it is known to insulate far beyond normal materials. While it is a fluffed mat and rather cotton like, it is amazing in its ability to not transfer heat. I have a huge kiln I use to heat treat and stress relive metal., it gets up to 2400F, the lid is refractory ceramic blanket. It is cool enough to touch on the outside when the kiln has been over 2000F degrees for hours. I cant overstress what this stuff is capable of. If you need to stiffen it you saturate it with liquid sodium silicate, and it hardens when heated. It does better without any additives. Check out the link http://www.amazon.com/Ceramic-Insula.../dp/B00GT5Q6X0

1981 GS1100E
    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Thanks for sharing, all! Enjoying the variety!
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Hey Chef, isn't that an 82?
          No signature

Comment

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Hey Chef, isn't that an 82?
              That's my 83 with a NOS 82 tank.
              The 1150 is an 85

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                That's my 83 with a NOS 82 tank.
                The 1150 is an 85
                Ahh...I thought that was an 82 paint colour on the tank. Thanks.
                No signature

Comment

Looks good, Chef!
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Chef, how helpful is that wind deflector on the 1150 windshield? I have a +2" Guftasson on mine, which I love, but at certain angles it looks a bit gawky. Also, is a homemade, or an adapted frommsomething else item?
                    Thanks.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Wheels for my bandit swap done.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Greetings from Croatia!

IMG_4465.JPG.jpg

1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

looks beautiful Kruns!
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Nice one Kruns, that looks fine. I notice you've even removed the drive chain to keep the rest of it clean.
                            The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
                              Nice one Kruns, that looks fine. I notice you've even removed the drive chain to keep the rest of it clean.
                              Down hills, it probably sounds smoother running too.
                              82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                              80 gs1000s

Comment

I'm waiting new drive chain to xome and need to solve some electric issues.

Suzuki GS 500E 1979 motorcycle: http://youtu.be/vKx5WihYPpg
                                1979 Suzuki GS 500e

Comment

Working...
                                X