No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at your avatar I just thought you know God must ride a GS. Thanks for the comments. The Delkevic has made it a sweet ride and the complement Larry McBride made about it gave me a swelled head but all I did was bolt the header in place and tweak the carbs a little.
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

That is cool. Nothing like a compliment from one in the know.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

It was nice. Larry is one heck of a nice guy. The GS1000E was his bike back in the day so when he told me I had it running as well as it could with factory carburetors I figured I had done a good job of assimilating information from GSR over the years. THANKS ALL! His shop is only several miles up the road from me, and each time I pass I think of the other two GS1000 motors motors sitting in the garage. I hope I can afford a big bore motor from him some day with flat slides. He won't cut any corners, insists on a clean build through and through so it would probably cost more than My Daughter's new Honda on the low side, but one can always dream.
        '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Best Motorcycle at show.

10352825_1185524168129946_4662822488661119298_n.jpg What A Ride!!
          First place! day 1 at the BAFM car show in Barrie, Ontario.
          Amazing how these old bikes are so popular and so many people I have talked too at one time or another has owned 1 or knows someone who does. Truly a great era for bikes. Think I'll start looking for a bigger bike from the 80's as well.

Comment

Congratulations!
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

[QUOTE=OldVet66;2223362]Looking at your avatar I just thought you know God must ride a GS./QUOTE]

" I dont always ride cycles, but when I do I prefer GSs. Stay upright my friends" - God
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

You're a Nut!
                Last edited by OldVet66; 09-12-2015, 07:49 AM.

Comment

My 80 GS750...00f0f_b63822wKEVE_600x450.jpg

Comment

I haven't posted in a while but I'm getting close to finishing my 82 1100E. Too bad the riding season is almost over. Still a bunch of small things to finish so I'm hoping I can get a few riding days in.

Comment

Wow! Don't be such a tease.
                      We need some more pics/info on that brute.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The bike is a 82 that I fit an 81 tank and bodywork on.

Here is where she sat before I had decided on the final layout for the exhaust and missing a few other odds and ends. Front forks are 2012 Hayabusa with 2010 GSXR 1000 lower clamp, Cognito Moto upper, 2007 GSXR 750 wheel and axle and 2006 Yamaha R1 calipers with custom spacers. Master is a Accossato PRS with Core lines on Driven carbon fiber bars and LSL risers. Headlight brackets are Spiegler 50/55mm. Mirrors are CRG Arrows.

The swingarm, shock, linkage and 5.5" wheel is off a 2007 GSXR 750 with a 48 tooth 530 Supersprox sprocket. Tires are Bridgestone Battle axe BT-016 front and rear. Rearsets are Woodcraft for a 2009 GSXR 1000.

The engine is pretty much stock for now other than the 2.25" stainless mid pipes to Yoshimura slipons, RS36 carbs, Uni filters and a Dyna 2000 ignition with 2.2 coils. The cams will most likely get replaced this winter with Web .348's and port work on the heads.

The electronics are mostly Motogadget with a Motoscope Pro dash, M-unit, M-button, M-switches, M-lock, M-pin signals, Antigravity 16 cell battery and a Shindengen R/R.

I'm still working on the battery box and the layout of the wiring, seat pan and a few other small things. The paint on the tank is nice other than a few small dents I'm going to see if I can get removed. I'm thinking of painting the tail and side covers black and leaving off the strips. That will probably wait until this winter.

Last edited by Guest; 09-14-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Redliner, I love it. The dual Yoshi cans look great. I remember when you joined, gave some basics about your planned build, then fell off of the radar. Definitely keep us in the loop!
                          sigpic

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I had hoped to finish a lot sooner but with a busy summer and buying more parts for the bike than I planned and ot at work to pay for them I am running behind. I probably still have probably a month of work left in it to get it ride-able. That is if I don't have any too many issues getting the tuning sorted out. The good news is I have pretty much everything I need to finish it other than the upholstering the seat. I'm still waiting on two M-switches but they should be in in a week or two.

Comment

Great looking resto-mod. Well done. Can't wait to see the finished bike.
                              1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Redline1100, that is an amazing looking bike.
                                Are you leaving the engine polished to make it a focal point or is there paint in the works for the future?
                                Where did you get the headers/midpipes or did you get them made?

Comment

Working...
                                X