Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jg122 View Post
    other side
    Cool. It would look naked without the shark fin tips.
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
      One aggressive looking bike. I've never seen a headlight like that before, unique for sure. have you done any engine work?
      Thanks! It's just bolt-ons right now. Its got DynoJet stage 3 kit with K&N pods, Delkevic full exhaust with a custom Racefit-esque carbon end can welded on, Earl's cooler with a UK-made adapter, will have new ignition and coils. Eventually, somewhere down the line I'd like to drop a Bandit 1200 motor in there. But given how this build is currently going, it'll be a long while.

Comment

Originally posted by TiiMuch View Post
        That looks fantastic.
        What front end are you using?
        How is the ground clearance under the 4-1?
        Thank you! It's a 2006 GSXR-750 complete front with CognitoMoto upper triple clamp. The ground clearance is good since the rear end is raised slightly (0.5-0.75 inch) due to the slightly longer shocks. In hindsight, I would've gone with Cognito's riser clamp set ($$$) or get a Honda 954 triple set ($).

FYI, the rear is a Bandit 1200 complete rear end, using Katman's conversion kit, with Chinese shocks at 13.5" eye to eye. Eventually, I'd like a set of FOX RC1 duals on there...but that's also ($$$).

Comment

BasketCase I like your project!

I have a couple threads about upgrading the suspension and adding the front fairing to My 82 1100G.
          I'll just post some pics here.

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            BasketCase I like your project!
            Thank you sir! Love the color scheme on your G, classic with a bit of flash added in.

Comment

You have any details on your process? It looks great

Comment

1983 gs850gl. Still in progress.
                Attached Files

Comment

Uhhhh....

LOL

She's coming. The 550 bottom end is waiting for me to have a few days off to put the 673 top end on!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearjew View Post
                    You have any details on your process? It looks great
                    Not sure if this comment is towards me or another member, but I'm documenting my build over on the projects subforum. Look for Basket Case project. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                      Wow, that is the biggest trunk and backrest I have ever seen.
                      Appears to be straight off a GL1500 Goldwing.

When included with the rest of the luggage, it's not so overwhelming. Click on the link in my sig to see my Wing.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi. Yes it is. Right off a 1500 wing.

Comment

I cant remember if i posted a photo of my bike in this thread so if i did my apologies lol

it's an 82' 1100E with a 1150 engine swap.. engine has oversize kit 1199cc , ported cylinder head, Cam Motion G3 Cams, Slotted cam sprockets, APE hardened Tappets, 36mm carbs with dynojet stage3 kit, K&N Filters, Barnett Clutch kit, APE Clutch Nut, Dyna Ignition and Dyna coils, Yoshimura Race Exhaust, GS1150 oil cooler etc..

13507206_10209101593752685_7142554727490389201_n.jpg

Comment

Looks good. Thanks for sharing.
                            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I am very curious about that fairing... It is very attractive. Was that a stock part or aftermarket?

Originally posted by viperg View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Motojoe2492 View Post
                                I am very curious about that fairing... It is very attractive. Was that a stock part or aftermarket?
                                Ditto on the fairing. How much protection does it provide?

Comment

Working...
                                X