Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
    You/ve got the forks pulled way up in the triples. Looks like when they compress they may bang into the lower triple. How much did that quicken the steering?

Nope. No banging at all. New seals and oil, and all is good. It did quicken the steering quite a bit, but for me(I ride a ZX7) I like it. I am planning on lowering the rear of the bike for my wife as well, which should(in theory) soften up the steering a bit for her. I have a 1150 rear wheel with a 160 rear tire, and stock 16incher up front, and contrary to what I have read, handling is good. Had to modify the rear brake arm, so I built a new one. Works pretty well, if I do say so myself. If it were up to me, it would have complete GSXR suspension on it, but my wife really likes the stock wheels. Gotta find an 1150 for myself to go hog wild with!

Rear brake arm:

Shared with Flock - The Social Web Browser
    http://flock.com

more pics:

Comment

Rear brake arm on bike:

Shared with Flock - The Social Web Browser
      http://flock.com

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
        It's a '95 GSXR750 fork in CBR954 triples. The reason for the Honda triple is because the top triple on the 954 is stepped down bout 3/4" so you gain a little ground clearance. I used to have an '88 GSXR front end on it which improved handling and stopping power tremendously. The new front end really didn't improve handling much but I picked up ground clearance. The rotors are PFM iron rotors.

Here's how it looked with the '88 front end.
        What did you do for fitment of the rear wheel and brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by fat_sac View Post
          I love this bike.
          Its the best looking almost stock bike on this site.
          future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Holy hell, Agemax.

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            here is my gs1000e, slightly modified! old picture this one but a lot more has been done since this pic was taken
            If Suzuki started producing replicas of that bike, I'd buy a baker's dozen.

Comment

I'm almost done and I haven't poted inb this thread since page 1

NOT my wife, BTWcheck out the jacket

Comment

Originally posted by Richharr View Post
                I'm almost done and I haven't poted inb this thread since page 1

NOT my wife, BTWcheck out the jacket
                thats so funny......... man welding mine this weekend and be done this weekend I hope. I cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by Richharr View Post
                  I'm almost done and I haven't poted inb this thread since page 1.....]
                  Haha, Rich man that thing turned out pretty cool.

I was gonna give ya a thumbs up smilie but I can't find him.

Comment

Originally posted by burp reynolds View Post
                    If Suzuki started producing replicas of that bike, I'd buy a baker's dozen.
                    haha thanks mate, will post up some updated pics soon
                    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I painted my engine guards and exhaust flat black to match a bit better.

Now I'm trying to decide on what to do with the front fender. Make is short, take it off or keep it that size. Also make it flat black as well or keep it chrome. If I black the front I'd do the rear too.

Comment

here is a couple of updated pics of me bike

1978 GS1085.

Comment

Umm.....wow! You know what I like about these customs? They're so unique....unlike anything out there. They're still old school with a little bit of modern thrown in for good measure. That's beautiful, Agemax!

Comment

Eye Candy

That thing is awesome!!....great work....who did your belly pan?

luv the bike....one of the nicer ones Ive seen on here

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                              That thing is awesome!!....great work....who did your belly pan?

luv the bike....one of the nicer ones Ive seen on here
                              bought the belly pan off ebay, ex kawasaki z1000 i believe. doesnt take much modification to fit as the crankases are very similar. sprayed it myself.
                              thanks for the comments
                              1978 GS1085.

Comment

Agemax

Very Nice work. I gotta ask some questions though:

What kinda swinger is that? Under brace is very cool.

17" wheels I'm guessing with 1st Gen 1100 forks?

Never seen the steering stabilizer mounted where you have; Work OK?

I see you are still looking for a Fork brace?

I see you adapted the brake calipers to the larger rotors; did you change out the wheel bearings to accommodate the 17mm axles in front or machine the fork to accept the 20mm 2nd gen axles?

Custom rear sets or off a 2nd Gen Gixxer?

What kinda rear shock you running? What is the length? Nice reservoir clamp on the bottle. You do all the machine work yourself?

Pos

Comment

Working...
                                X