No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battleship, She looks just as good now as she did when you finished her, in other words, friggin awsome!
    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Thanks for the complement. Yes they were powered coated. as well as the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Thatoneguy View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]55273[/ATTACH]Just got done bulding this!
        Do you have more pics of this? I have an L model too, and I'm not that far from you!

Comment

That scrambler is gorgeous. Can you post some of the specs?

Comment

What break and clutch handles are those?

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship62 View Post
              Another photo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55403[/ATTACH]
              That is a great looking bike! What is the fairing from and how did you mount it?
              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

1983 GS1100E base bike. 1993 GSXR front suspension with a modified '88-90 GSXR 750 cowl. The clocks are '93 GSXR so the speedometer would match the gearing on the front wheel. GSXR rims (year unknown). 1200 Bandit (year unknown) swing arm. Exhaust was MotogpWerks header and since I crashed the bike once, I replaced his exhaust can with SuperTrapp slip on. I tried to get a new can from them but they never answered my emails or call so I cut their damage can off and added the Supertrapp. The rear shocks are made by Works Performance and I have Supersprox sprockets and chain along with Metzeler Sportec M7 RR tires.

Look here for more info: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...light=GS1200SS

Engine was rebuild by RapidRay and he rebuilt/added/modified the following;

Case studs

Cylinder studs

High volume oil pump gears

Cams

Slotted cam sprockets

Engine gaskets

Engine seals

Cam chain

Cam chain tensioner

Piston kit, Wiseco, 1166

Cylinder boring

Performance valve job

Porting

Valve springs

Used clutch hub in good shape

Clutch hub nut

Heavy duty clutch hub build

Hot tank cleaning engine parts

Surface cylinder head

Face & back cut 16 valves for increased airflow

Dynojet jet kit

4 carb rebuild kits with all O-rings

Ultrasonic clean, rebuild & jet carbs

Top end oiler

Originally posted by Cory View Post
                That scrambler is gorgeous. Can you post some of the specs?

Comment

TxGSrider: I sent you a PM with some photos.

Comment

Both the handles and clip on were from these guys.

Originally posted by Cory View Post
                    What break and clutch handles are those?

Comment

20180630_181007.jpg

Been awhile since I have logged in. Still having a blast with my 77 750
                      Last edited by JC8865; 07-12-2018, 01:11 AM.
                      1977 GS 750 "Black Betty"

Comment

Here is my 80 GS1000G. Freshly rebuilt motor by my Dad (Steve) and I. Mac Tri-Y exhaust. Vetter fairing, trunk, and saddle bags all with custom paint.

Current: 80 GS 1000G (Sadie)

Comment

My 1977 GS 750 Modified stock tank. Hard tailed and raked stock frame 750 engine has 836 kit installed and makes it fairly fast541272_477083232314989_1586709538_n.jpg little bike

Comment

Your dad never seizes to amaze me. I ought to just ride the bike down to him when I want it gone over the right way haha

Originally posted by SuzukiKid View Post
                            Here is my 80 GS1000G. Freshly rebuilt motor by my Dad (Steve) and I. Mac Tri-Y exhaust. Vetter fairing, trunk, and saddle bags all with custom paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Motojoe2492 View Post
                              Your dad never seizes to amaze me. I ought to just ride the bike down to him when I want it gone over the right way haha
                              Thanks.
                              Working on my bike now, will get about everything his did, except for paint.
                              Brand-new pistons going into freshly-surfaced cylinders.

The freshly-surfaced cylinders and head. Machined more for trueness, rather than performance increase.
                              Cylinders only needed 0.002" removed, the head required 0.009".

Appointments will be taken after getting home from our "little ride". Allow me some time to finish the construction project in the house, we will have guest accomodations, too.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

1982 GS850gl
                                Attached Files
                                sigpicA distinguished Gentleman's ride

1981 Suzuki GS850gl, Café Racer!

Built, not Bought!

Comment

Working...
                                X