Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
    Very Nice work. I gotta ask some questions though:

What kinda swinger is that? Under brace is very cool.

17" wheels I'm guessing with 1st Gen 1100 forks?

Never seen the steering stabilizer mounted where you have; Work OK?

I see you are still looking for a Fork brace?

I see you adapted the brake calipers to the larger rotors; did you change out the wheel bearings to accommodate the 17mm axles in front or machine the fork to accept the 20mm 2nd gen axles?

Custom rear sets or off a 2nd Gen Gixxer?

What kinda rear shock you running? What is the length? Nice reservoir clamp on the bottle. You do all the machine work yourself?

Pos
    ok here i go.........
    the arm is a one off by JMC. made for a gsxr1100m but with the pivot to fit a gs1000,
    yes 17" wheels, 120 on front and 180 on rear,gsx1100 katana forks,
    steering damper works fine but im looking for a shorter one,
    fork brace is being machined as i type this,
    the front wheel is off a GS500, same size wheel bearings just a 20mm wider axle to match up with the wider slab yokes,
    footrests are off a gsxr750,
    rear shock is from a 1200 bandit.

i do 99% of all the machining work but some of it is beyond my capabilities which i get my local machine shop to do.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Excellent work, Agemax.
      I usually do not like the look of belly pans but it looks great on your bike.
      Any more pics?
      A see-through engine cover?
      What about the stainless hose? I did not see an oil cooler.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Excellent work, Agemax.
        I usually do not like the look of belly pans but it looks great on your bike.
        Any more pics?
        A see-through engine cover?
        What about the stainless hose? I did not see an oil cooler.
        the ignition is lit up with led's. no oil cooler, the hose is a crankcase breather
        1978 GS1085.

Comment

what front end are you using

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            the ignition is lit up with led's. no oil cooler, the hose is a crankcase breather
            That is pretty sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRooster View Post
              what front end are you using
              home made yokes, gsx1100 katana forks, gs500 wheel, gsf600 bandit fender, gsxr750 rotor and kawasaki caliper. home made fork brace, still in the milling machine!!!!!!
              1978 GS1085.

Comment

Sweet bike Agemax! If I saw you riding by, I'd think you were the Stig from Top Gear with that helmet.

Comment

Insanely nice bike. I saw some pics of your ride over at oldschoolsuzuki.com but these are much more detailed. Very very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by gsryder View Post
                    Insanely nice bike. I saw some pics of your ride over at oldschoolsuzuki.com but these are much more detailed. Very very nice.
                    thanks mate
                    1978 GS1085.

Comment

82 1100e

6" stretch, 98 ZX-7R front end. Changed motors since this was taken. 1260 at 12 to 1, oversize stainless valves, ported head, 36mm flatsides with pod filters, back-cut trans, Falicon billet basket, Falicon welded crank. I plan on taking everything apart to paint and chrome this winter.

Comment

I see mirrors and turn signals.
                        You sure must have fun on the street with that brute.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Fun

Since I found a tire that was sticky enough to hook up, I'm having trouble keeping the front end down in 1st and 2nd. I may start running a wheelie bar, so I can get the full benefit of the hole-shot.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                            Very Nice work. I gotta ask some questions though:

What kinda swinger is that? Under brace is very cool.

17" wheels I'm guessing with 1st Gen 1100 forks?

Never seen the steering stabilizer mounted where you have; Work OK?

I see you are still looking for a Fork brace?
                            I see you adapted the brake calipers to the larger rotors; did you change out the wheel bearings to accommodate the 17mm axles in front or machine the fork to accept the 20mm 2nd gen axles?

Custom rear sets or off a 2nd Gen Gixxer?

What kinda rear shock you running? What is the length? Nice reservoir clamp on the bottle. You do all the machine work yourself?

Pos
                            fork brace now attatched eventually!
                            1978 GS1085.

Comment

At the risk of sounding like a complete noob, what is the purpose of the fork brace?

Comment

Originally posted by gsryder View Post
                                At the risk of sounding like a complete noob, what is the purpose of the fork brace?
                                stops the forks flexing when you are cornering and keeps the wheel pointing in a straight line compared to the yokes and handlebars. they will flex sideways when cornering hard without one
                                1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
                                X