No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agemax, love the exhaust. Are they still available anywhere?
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
      Agemax, love the exhaust. Are they still available anywhere?
      its an original modified harris race pipe. they dont make them anymore but i believe a company called norman hyde in the uk makes their own very good replicas, so i have heard but dont take that as gospel. very loud though unless you get the street baffle version then they sound like a wet fart!
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

KYScoot

Looks really bad ass and Scary fast

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          the ignition is lit up with led's. no oil cooler, the hose is a crankcase breather
          Ah, you do know that the breather is a vent. Yea I know the stainless looks cool and all but think about it. As the motor runs there is a lot of pressure on the pistons and some of it blows-by the rings and gets into the crank case. This vapor actually builds pressure in the cases so you need a vent to keep it from building pressure. If you ever route the vent to a catch can like we have to, you would find all sorts of nice looking stuff in there. A mix of water, oil, fuel sludge. This is not something you want to just dump back into the motor.

Normally it vents into the intake and it burned by the motor. I would ditch the stainless or just leave it hanging at the top and add a catch can.

Like the looks of the bike. Post some pictures of the LED cover. Reminds me of all these computer cases now days. I like that high tech look!

Comment

the breather does go into a catch tank you just cant see it. here is another pic of the led lit cover.

1978 GS1085.

Comment

>>the breather does go into a catch tank you just cant see it. here is another pic of the led lit cover.

I like it! The blue and red bolts/screws set it off nicely.

Ok, so I am still missing something. I take it there is a vent to the outside on the top of the catch can to prevent pressure build up. But what on earth is this line hooking to then? The drain of the can?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                >>the breather does go into a catch tank you just cant see it. here is another pic of the led lit cover.

I like it! The blue and red bolts/screws set it off nicely.

Ok, so I am still missing something. I take it there is a vent to the outside on the top of the catch can to prevent pressure build up. But what on earth is this line hooking to then? The drain of the can?
                the crankcase catch tank has a vent to eliminate any pressure but generally there is no pressure build up
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

the crankcase catch tank has a vent to eliminate any pressure but generally there is no pressure build up
                  With you on the vent, now again where is this tube going to? The drain of the can?

It's your bike, you can hook things up anyway you want. I am just trying to understand what your doing is all.

Comment

With you on the vent, now again where is this tube going to? The drain of the can?

It's your bike, you can hook things up anyway you want. I am just trying to understand what your doing is all.
                    it goes into the can, which is vented. just stops any spillage going on to the rear tyre or on the road
                    1978 GS1085.

Comment

it goes into the can, which is vented. just stops any spillage going on to the rear tyre or on the road
                      Agree, that's the point of the can. Sounds like your worried about it overflowing so you drain the sludge back into the engine. Are you hooking this line to the top of the can or the bottom?

Comment

Agree, that's the point of the can. Sounds like your worried about it overflowing so you drain the sludge back into the engine. Are you hooking this line to the top of the can or the bottom?
                        NO i am not worried about it overflowing. the chances are it will take 1000's of miles for any significant build up of anything in the catchtank but i will check it regularly and empty it if needed.

a catchtank is a requirement if you drag race so that is what it is primarily for
                        1978 GS1085.

Comment

Yep, spillage is a bad thing. Even off the track.

Ok I assume you don't want to answer the hose question so I will let it go.

Still like the cover idea.

Comment

Yep, spillage is a bad thing. Even off the track.

Ok I assume you don't want to answer the hose question so I will let it go.

Still like the cover idea.
                            i have answered your questions. what more do you want to know? its a breather than goes into a catch tank that is vented! there are your answers
                            1978 GS1085.

Comment

I think he is asking about the hose that is hooked to your clutch cover. So you have a hose that comes off the top of the crank case to a catch. And where does the hose that is hooked to the clutch cover go? Same place?
                              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                                I think he is asking about the hose that is hooked to your clutch cover. So you have a hose that comes off the top of the crank case to a catch. And where does the hose that is hooked to the clutch cover go? Same place?
                                yes the breather from the top of the cam cover goes to the same catch tank. sorry for any confusion
                                1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
                                X