X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a old pic

Comment

so so sweet!

This thing belongs on the cover of a magazine!!

Comment

for sure

I agree ,I have looked at that spot on mne as well its looks a little unfinished but takes nothing away from your bike believe me. I am kinda of a decal freak ...thinkin some form of a Yosh or an Ohlins decal might look cool.

Comment

Sweet

hey, isleoman, i dont think ANYONE minds you posting pics again
          it is always so refreshing to see that bike!
          GS850GT

Comment

My two single vent mopeds.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
              Thanks J,

Let me ask your (and anyone elses) opinion on something. What do you think about adding a decorative piece on the vertical flat area above the swingarm pivot bolt.

I was thinking about something that kinda looks like the yosh decal plate on the cannister. Maybe a thin piece of copper with a gloss black coating with either vertical or horizontal lines of reducing widths that exposes the copper underneath.

It would be held in place by the swingarm bolt and the two other bolts above. Approximately the width and height of the black frame surface it would be covering. Kinda looks bare there now. Might be over the top if it was too flashy
              I would say leave it be. It would only draw attention to itself rather than blending in. I didn't even notice the spot you were talking about until I read your description twice. Sounds like someone needs a new project!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyfingers View Post
                Here's my freshly completed GS. (1000 motor inside) I got it on ebay cheap with a locked up motor, from sitting outside with one plug out . Still needs a few rusty bits replaced, and to re-jet the 750 carbs.
                What size are you wheels and tires, they look fairly custom. Also what brand rims are those same with the tires. I want to do something similar to my bike. I really like the look. Dan
                Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post

ya those mopeds are to slow. why dont you give them to me and go buy a real mans bike

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Ruddock View Post
                    What size are you wheels and tires, they look fairly custom. Also what brand rims are those same with the tires. I want to do something similar to my bike. I really like the look. Dan

Thanks for noticing! Those wheels took a great deal of effort to install. They are SunRims 19x3.5, and 18x3.5. Dunlop Sportmax 160/90/18 And 130/90/19(from V-rod). I used the original rear hub and a Harley Sportster front hub to make it easier to obtain spokes. Supposedly, the rear wheel is off the Vance&Hines drag bike from the late 70's early 80's. Hence the holes in them for beadlock screws.

Comment

Current Stable

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyfingers View Post
                        Thanks for noticing! Those wheels took a great deal of effort to install. They are SunRims 19x3.5, and 18x3.5. Dunlop Sportmax 160/90/18 And 130/90/19(from V-rod). I used the original rear hub and a Harley Sportster front hub to make it easier to obtain spokes. Supposedly, the rear wheel is off the Vance&Hines drag bike from the late 70's early 80's. Hence the holes in them for beadlock screws.
                        OOps ... the front tire is a 120/70/19

Comment

Evil Eagle (AKA Big Bird, POS and junk pile) is dedicated to the troops and this great country. Should be ready for the Memorial Day show next year.

Oops, almost forgot. The motor, just like the others, only has one vent.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post

couple of nice looking single vent mopeds their Mark
                            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

should prove to be eventful

Comment

Originally posted by saffa View Post
                                should prove to be eventful
                                2ventful i think you mean haha
                                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
                                X