No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not to continue hijacking this thread but yes it is an 82, the seat was an ebay deal and no the valves are not done yet... I know, I know... I actually started to do them and found that the threads for the spark plug cyl 3 are stripped so I ripped the engine out of an 80 that I have and threw that in there.

The driveshafts are the same between them (obvisously I have no idea about the hardness though) except that I found that the flanges that are on the engine side of the u-joint are slightly different sizes. I found this out AFTER having the replacement engine in... grrrr...

This winter I should have that 82 engine back going again. I needed to fix an exhaust bolt that was broken off while it's out too. The rear hub has almost 26k on it and no issues with missing teeth so far. If I get enough ambition I might swap it over, but for now it stays because I have other stuff going on!

This winter my "must do" list is get the original engine back in it after fixing the exhaust bolt, spark plug threads and finally finishing the valve shim job, then rebuilding all of the brakes and fine tuning my carbs that I already cleaned and rebuilt.

Comment

More before and after

Before

After

Still more to do but getting there
      Cheers

Comment

Figured I would post the most recent pics of the bike:

FYI it is for sale if anyone is interested PM me and we can talk more about it!

Comment

Here is a couple more clear pics of my 78 GS 1000....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Ed View Post

nice looking bike. I prefer the 80+ designs more than pre 80s, but I like how that one looks!

Comment

Here's a pic taken yesterday using a cellphone of one of the saddlebags on my GK. I have finally painted everything. Now its time to put it all back together again. This was my 1st attempt at painting flames. The colors are automotive Honda Steel Blue and Toyota Sky Blue with One Shot silver pinstriping on the edges of the flames.
              Willie in TN
              Attached Files
              Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
              '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
              '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
              '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

One of my babies

Really launches nice with the two step

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Ed View Post

What color blue is that?
                  1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                  Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by steve lebow View Post
                    Really launches nice with the two step

cmon ...stop toying with us and give us a decent sized picture

Comment

A bigger one...

Ok lets try this one

Comment

not sure how

Not sure how you guys are posting larger pic's or even several pic's.

Comment

one more time

one more time

Comment

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I use photobucket, it's awesome. Some of mine are from Flickr. You can put up to 4 in a post.

Comment

Will try to make the next bigger

Comment

Working...
                                X