X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonygs1000 View Post
    This was my 17th year birthday present from my dad it came in two trucks
    300hrs later and some labor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the first but not last
    Great job! Great present, too. And some quality time with your dad rebuilding it all.

Mark

Comment

This years christmas and birthday present

This is what he bought me this year for Christmas and birthday ( I will be 18 years old in January) we are building a drag bike and a 1978 gs1000s for track days too!!!!! It is way cooler to have old metal
      every one looks and asks me if my dad knows I have his bike out they
      are in shock when I tell them there MINE I had a choice one new bike or
      8 old ones

Comment

How do I get on Dad's gift list?

Stiksave

Comment

to get on dads gift list

you have to listen to a lot of old stories hang out with his old friends and go racing every weekend with him, It is torcher "not" he is my best friend
          and boy can the old man ride he is only 44 I **** him off by calling him old
          Last edited by Guest; 11-30-2008, 02:34 AM.

Comment

you have to listen to a lot of old stories hang out with his old friends and go racing every weekend with him, It is torcher "not" he is my best friend
            and boy can the old man ride he is only 44 I **** him of by calling him old

LOL sounds like hell.... Hey I like the kayaks in the backgound on the 1150 picture, (my other sport).

I'm your Dads age. It's really not that old. LOL you will understand later.

I have three boys all 7 and under. Now i'll be old when they are your age. Stay upright and enjoy it!

Mark

Comment

This was my 17th year birthday present from my dad it came in two trucks
              300hrs later and some labor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the first but not last
              awsome man! what part of NY do you live in? I am planning on building a gs1000 track bike too. Where do you plan on racing/riding it?

Comment

racing and kayking ??

I live in up state NY just out side of Binghamton a small town called Endicott ( it is where IBM started ) we have a 1/8 mile drag track called sky view drags I raced there last summer for my first time on my dads 1980 gs1100e I did 7.5 at 94mph on this bike. I want to race at Pocono Raceway when they have open track days I think it will be sweet to race on my 1979 Wes Cooley bike.
                as far a the kayaks go it is the next best thing to motorcycling I have ever done in my life, its like getting close to god and the chicks dig it too!!!!!!

Comment

Thats cool, I was thinking about doing some track days at pocono and loudon when I build my GS1000 track bike. Im going to build a bike from scratch. Then eventually do some traveling to tracks down south. Daytona?

Comment

Update on the pseudo tracker...

Comment

the side is too ugly to show, but im in love with the stance!

Comment

its like getting close to god and the chicks dig it too!!!!!!

The closest I have been to god was this time I had a girl laying on her back with her head tilted back and I... eeeeeeh nevermind. But hello to a fellow upstater! I'm in the poughkeepsie area, where IBM is now.

Comment

wes bike

This is my wes project I am unsure if I will build for track or for street it has a ton of motor work done to it So far.
                          I am doing a wiesco kit and a gs 1100gk head with the d port right now

Comment

This is my wes project I am unsure if I will build for track or for street it has a ton of motor work done to it So far.
                            I am doing a wiesco kit and a gs 1100gk head with the d port right now
                            if you plan on using it for track then i suggest losing those mirrors.....they must double the drag factor on your wind resistance lol
                            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I think the mirrors are off something else I only have one from the original wes bike. I need a wind screen for this bike too, it is brittle I found new ones from Gustafson plastic http://www.bikescreen.com/contact.html for around $100.00. this bike was already on the track by the guy who bought it new, his name was Walt Faber all the bolts were drilled and wired. The crank, transmition and clutch are done up .It has heavy
                              cylinder head stud kit, oil cooler, steering stabilizer it came with two sets of shocks the others are koni's blue with black springs they need paint or powder coat. and boy was the price right $$$$$$$$$$$ (I cant tell you how cheep this bike was or I will get kicked off this site )
                              P.S. check out that seat it has some Italian name on it and the seat pan is fiberglass not metal
                              Last edited by Guest; 12-04-2008, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I think the mirrors are off something else I only have one from the original wes bike. I need a wind screen for this bike too, it is brittle I found new ones from Gustafson plastic http://www.bikescreen.com/contact.html for around $100.00. this bike was already on the track by the guy who bought it new his name was Walt Faber all the bolts were drilled
                                and wired the crank, transmition and clutch are done up .It has heavy
                                cylinder head stud kit, oil cooler, steering stabilizer and boy was the price right
                                P.S. check out that seat it has some Italian name on it and the seat pan is fiberglass not metal
                                Looks like it's almost track ready. Go for it!
                                McLoud
                                '79 GS850
                                `98 GSF1200 Bandit
                                sigpic
                                http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Working...
                                X