No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little bit more progress. The seat is in primer at the moment and needs upholstry. But I liked the way it looks in this pic so I thought I'd post it.

Comment

On the road again...

I thought I had posted a bunch of pictures of my bike on this thread before, but I can't find any in here. Anyway, after a long rest while I rebuilt the top end (twice) to fix a leaking head gasket due to the old "lack of little o-ring washer thingies", my very orange and very carbon fiber GS1000 is back together and running great. I think I have a bunch of other pictures on the board here if you feel inclined to search. Lots of really neat bikes here, congrats to everyone on a nice job.

Comment

heres a pic couple pics of my contraption for yall... exaust is now black and there are couple small changes but its pretty close to the pic still

Comment

the jockey shift is stops about the bottom of the tank and has a heavier clutch lever and cable (apparently stock isn't very good for a jockey shift)

Comment

Unfortunately i never took any before pictures of my bike, i basically got it home and immediately began ripping it apart, without thinking about even snapping a quick pic on my phone or something, but, it was pretty much a bone stock 81 Gs1100 when i got it and this is where i am at now with it, supertrap 4 into 1 exhaust, K&N pod Filters, clubman bars, new headlight and gauges, and of course there has been a lot of stripping things down, moving/removing, rerouting/rewiring, i rattled canned the wheels and the gas tank, still lacking a seat, and i'd love to find some spoked wheels for it, she's coming right along i love riding her with or without a seat and she runs like a dream!

Last edited by Guest; 01-26-2009, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Beautiful bike Ryan. Nice job.

Comment

Kats moved on a little since I last posted, at the moment I'm trying to get it running right.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveA View Post
                  Kats moved on a little since I last posted, at the moment I'm trying to get it running right.

Incredible! What's the exhaust consist of? I'm desperately trying to find something besides a Vance and Hines for my gs1100/gsxr conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by ironsheik View Post
                    Incredible! What's the exhaust consist of? I'm desperately trying to find something besides a Vance and Hines for my gs1100/gsxr conversion.
                    The pipe was made for me by a firm here in the UK.

Comment

What engine paint did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                        What engine paint did you use?
                        It's funny you should ask as I have started a thread on the OSS site about this very subject.
                        It's PJ1 Yamaha silver case paint and while it looked great during the build up within a few minutes of starting the bike up it has turned gold on the cylinder head, really not what you need after a year of building a bike.
                        I have emailed PJ1 to see if they can offer any advice but the subject seems to be quite well known, so far I have not had a reply.

I am not impressed.

Comment

I've got wood.

Comment

Here's Mine...Current and Past

I just got done with getting rid of the stock signals and rear fender/skirt. I kept all the stock parts to take the bike back to stock appearance if I want to someday for some weird reason. I like the way it looks this way. The rest of the mods are outlined in my signature.

Here's a shot of the new turn signals, which are plenty bright.

Here's the one I miss and wish I never sold:

Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2009, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Before I Clipped the Back End

Comment

Now with some upholstry...

50/50 rule applies

Comment

Working...
                                X