X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice burner

gs 450 rice burner

Comment

My Bike when I lived in Socal a few years ago. Man I miss riding out there year round!

[IMG][/IMG]
      1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by viperg View Post
        My Bike when I lived in Socal a few years ago. Man I miss riding out there year round!

[IMG][/IMG]

Amen, brother. I'd say between that (the canyons) and surfing, it's what I miss the most (well, my friends, too) about LA...and NOTHING else! Ha!
        Hey, did you ever get to OutRider's in Santa Monica? It's called HammyBoy's now. I worked there, back in the day.
        -KR

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
          Amen, brother. I'd say between that (the canyons) and surfing, it's what I miss the most (well, my friends, too) about LA...and NOTHING else! Ha!
          Hey, did you ever get to OutRider's in Santa Monica? It's called HammyBoy's now. I worked there, back in the day.
          -KR
          Yeah man L.A. is definitely a love hate relationship for me too. The riding is fantastic though (out of the city). My brother and I moved to Marina Del Rey in 1990 and he became a tech at Marina Suzuki while he was in flight school. The Garage Company was just getting started then down the street. I remember Outrider I went there a couple of times. I used to ride to the Rock Store almost every weekend on my GS back then.
          1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Cool man! Yeah, I was there in 95/6/7 and I had the same feelings: love/hate!
            I had an '82 Kawasaki KZ1000J and a GPz550 ('82) that I used to take to the Rock Store all the time (normally the GPz). I might have a photo of your bike in some of my stuff. I DEFINATELY would have shot it if I would have seen it; sweet bike.
            Yep, Topanga Canyon every weekend, or occassionally the Crest, or Ojai. Just before I left at the end of '97 the Crest started to get really sketchy, guys were dying up there about every other weekend.
            But all good memories for me; the guy that picked-up OutRider (Hambis) is a buddy of mine and I try to get back there every couple years. You ever get back there? Helps me remember why I don't live out there, and keeps my 'surf' gene at bay.
            It's pretty wild, my wife and I are from Kansas and live here now; but she's got family out there and I've got friends there...weird, but true.
            Sorry to babble man, again = sweet bike!
            -KR

Comment

I am actually out here in San Diego on business now. I still get out west a couple times a year. My parents live in Thousand Oaks and I will be spending Easter Sunday at there place and taking a ride to the Rock Store with my Dad and brother.

Comment

Ewwwwwwww, jealousy abounds even now in my heart! Ha!
                I'm dealing with summer enrollment and empending finals and term papers...*ghuh!* ... if ONLY I could get to the Rock Store for just the shortest of rides...
                Enjoy the ride man! Be sure to take pics!
                -KR

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post

Nice bike. What are the tyres? They look like they allow the demon lean angle

Comment

Now with lifted tank and uni filters!

Comment

Originally posted by viperg View Post
                      I am actually out here in San Diego on business now. I still get out west a couple times a year. My parents live in Thousand Oaks and I will be spending Easter Sunday at there place and taking a ride to the Rock Store with my Dad and brother.
                      Gorgeous machine. Simply gorgeous. Nice work.

Comment

wow

Originally posted by LarryT View Post
                        Ok here it is
                        larry by fare i think your bike is way cooler the the stock 1100e
                        any one can shine one up and add on goody's but your bike is just sick sick sick bro... so how fast its it? and how come we never see any cool customs win then the bike of the month? all i keep seeing is older bike that have been cleaned up or painted up nice... any one want to start a
                        custom gs website for them hotrod gs's out there?

but wow that a mean looking bike.

the 1100e is very cool too. im just over the stock look.

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                          Guyver, your bike looks great! Hope it brings a lot of enjoyment.
                          I may be one of the few who couldn't care less about the 14 vs 'Busa thing. They're both nice. I still can't believe how nice this thing is when I'm going fast or just puttin'.
                          I almost went with the FZ1 and hung around a popular FZ1 site for awhile. When I decided on the 14 most of them said I made a mistake. All I can say is I hope to keep making such mistakes in the future!
                          doubleblue, your bike looks nice too! Love the wheels. I'm about to get my wheels chromed and also the header will get ceramic coated in satin black. The stock header finish, especially the upper part is very poor. I'll eventually black out most of the hardware and it should be how I want it to look then. Nothing wild, just clean.
                          Here's another pic but I need to find a good background like Bruce did for his classic 1150 shot.
                          Enjoy your bike!

wow some one brought the K to the S room.
                          sweet bike.. but the place your looking for is www. kawasucky.suzuki's rule.com.. lol just playing . it that beast stock?? or is she a sleeper?

Comment

wow

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                            that is one sweet looking motorcycle. love the colour and the exhaust, hope its nice and loud!

now thats a sharp bike!!! but it still starts with a that bad letter K!

IS THIS ONE STOCK? MOTOR I MEAN?

Comment

Well, I guess I'll join in. 82 GS850G. Running poorly, covered in oil goop, glop and grime when I bought it. Painted it silver first. Loved the paint, but didn't like my shoddy chrome against that shiny flecked paint. Solution? Create contrast. Black matte, with Valspar rattle can matte finish over the vinyl decals. Combination streetfighter/cafe racer/daily rider. National Cycle fairing, exhaust wrap, Accel coils, Dyna wires, NGK caps, Cal Cycle vintage fork brace, lots of new gaskets and a couple of new cables. Fleabay mirrors that everyone likes. I take this hulk out and scare the local college kids on my way to work. The bars, risers and fairing are all function over looks, as this is my commuter bike. Fun to watch the minivans change lanes.

To be continued....
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

4 image limit. SWEET.

Still need to customize the seat to a more modern fit. Exhaust when this one rusts through, and Unifilters. Enjoy.

loudest143

Comment

Working...
                                X