No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha ha... I fell in love with a helmet from Icon with skulls on it and it started a whole skull theme off with my bike. I didn't end up buying the helmet, went for something a little more discrete, but the skull idea stuck. I am only just starting on the project but I had to laugh when i saw that you had done exactly what I had planned on doing myself. After all my searching for a skull design the only one I really liked was the punisher. I am looking forward to the day I can post my bike here, I just hope I can do yours justice

Originally posted by loudest143 View Post

To be continued....

Comment

new paint

81 GS 750 upgraded to 1100.
      New paint this winter. 08 Ford F 150 dark blue

Comment

what is that fairing and where can i find one!!! I must have one!!

Comment

German made "Pichler"
          Still in business but they don't made this model anymore.

Comment

Is that a Katana front & rear or off a GSXR?
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
              Is that a Katana front & rear or off a GSXR?
              Looks like early Gixxer 18's...

Man that fairing is sweet dude..im insanely jealous... If you ever come across another, let me know please...do they make one that would be similar and fit a GS11 or 1000??

ACtually, in looking at thier website, it seems like just about any of them can be made to fit a GS...they have them for honduhs and old yammies still...still using double tube baskets...Could do some bracket mods and get it to fit, but at 900 bucks, it might have to wait a little bit...Killer sport/tour set up tho...
              Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

This particular fairing and mounts had been fitted to an 83 CB-1100F before I got it.
                The mounting bracket clamps to the steering head and 2 more L brackets hold the lowers.

Comment

Thanks for the nice compliments everyone. I'm glad some people can get with the custom side of old bikes. Great to see so many different ways to 'individualize' your ride. Beaver, I know that helmet..... Tried it on a couple of times.

Funny thing is, you can't swing a dead cat at a bike night without hitting a bike with either skulls or flames or both. I was really struggling with being too cliche', and with 'fitting in', which I definitely wasn't looking to do. Maybe have some elements, but still achieve a slightly original look.

Personally, I chose The Punisher because I like the comic book character. "It's not Revenge, it's Punishment.". If I can find a S.W.A.T. vest to wear when I ride, I'll be all set!

loudest143

Comment

Made some changes to the 750..

Comment

DOOD! The 750 is swweeeett!. Ya gotta gimme some insight into that custom exhaust.... What headers are those, and midpipe and muffler? Like the super up in the air look. Seat is a nice job, too.

loudest143

Comment

Originally posted by Dignan View Post
                        Made some changes to the 750..
                        That is VERY cool! *thumbs up*

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by loudest143 View Post
                          Ya gotta gimme some insight into that custom exhaust.... What headers are those, and midpipe and muffler? Like the super up in the air look.
                          Exhaust is a kerker header. I lost the pipe in Mexico, so I had a universal rice-rocket muffler welded on at the local muffler shop (dude also bent up the midpipe for me). I asked him to follow the angle of the subframe. I'd like to find a kerker pipe...

Comment

JimBunt1: Nice Pichler bike; still a question on those wheels: 18" gixxers, or is the front a 19"?
                            Dignan: nice 2-valve 750.

Comment

Dude, the 750 looks badder than ever. Great ideas for the lines tank and cowl.

Comment

18" GSXR wheels

Wheels are first gen GSXR 750 18". 2.5" wide front and 3.5" rear.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X