No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I had to cut of the frame just behind the original reinforcment for the shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoregrava View Post
      Yes I had to cut of the frame just behind the original reinforcment for the shocks.
      No big deal for me, it's paid for, it's mine, don't care what anyone else thinks, I will personalize it to suit my needs. I know sooner or later I was gonna do it, just deciding to solo ....

or seating for 2...

Comment

thats a beautiful bike

Comment

Originally posted by patrickmcp View Post
          Stetracer: nice mean looking bike, looks like an industrial Howitzer

Smoregrava: I agree about the tail, but I was thinking early 2000's GSXR 1000 tail, depends what I find for the price and looks. Did you have to cut up the seat rails? Front end is '96 GSXR1100.

Mixongw: Supertrapp 10" total length, 4" body, 2" inlet and it's stainless steel, tunable and sounds great, I can adjust my backpressure and sound.
          why not keep the original tail plastics and shorten the seat down ..thereby keeping the original style of the bike yet making it a bit smarter
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            4?" extensions, air shifter, fat tire AND a license plate. Cool bike!
            Stet, what ammo do you have in that brute?
            It's extended 2.5'' inches in that pic and it's packin some punch But I mostly used it to bracket race. I am in the process of updating it a little more it getting a longer swingarm and inverted front end and some 83mm bullets. here is a pic of it set up to race. I was experamenting with paint on the rear wheel trying to blend colors

Comment

Here is on more pic. Did I mention I use a slider clutch when racing it
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2009, 12:02 AM. Reason: added a remark

Comment

Here is what mine looks like so far. I mocked up the factory tail peice to help decide what type of seat/tail section I want. I think this is close.
                I also wanna lower the rear about an inch.

Hey, it ran decent before I took it apart..

sigpic

82 GS850
                78 GS1000
                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                .................________-|___\____
                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

1979 GS1000 Custom

Here's my custom '79 GS1000: Chop Suki.

Comment

Originally posted by zangetsu View Post

Cool shifter, fits right in with NJ
                    1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                    Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

My GS850 Custom

First post here, will get better pics soon. Bike has alot of billet items custom machined like large acorn oringed nuts for swingarm, footpegs, rear tail covers, handlebar pullbacks welded to original tree. arlen ness fairing and directionals, high polished case covers, read drive, front forks. no welds showing on frame 60 hrs of smoothing and fill (no cracks yet after 7 years) viper red, hugger orange and prowler yellow all loaded with pearl. Harley rear fender, tailight, krinkle engine paint. pods, 4 into 1 vance hines, rejetted, ported and polished heads.

I know there are many purists here but I have owned this bike since 1982 puchased for 1100 bucks and I have 5500 into it to date with 30k miles. Motor has been rebuilt couple times for mods and blown head gaskets. It just keeps getting harder and harder to fend of them pesky ninjas and eclipses

I run this bike HARD and have no mercy on it.... if I had a buck for every wheelie since purchased I could buy a hyabusa cash down

Comment

Hey thats a cool chopper. I like it :-)

Comment

Jockey shift

Here's my custom '79 GS1000: Chop Suki. Nice Build!! Jockey shifts are a handlefull !! try shifting, clutching and turning at the same time. You have my respect if you can do all three ..LOL NICE build by the way!!!!

If you can corner,shift and clutch all at the same time, you have my respect.. Jockey shifts are a pain to ride,, cool in a straight line though

Comment

Originally posted by Dfitzman View Post
                            if I had a buck for every wheelie since
                            just wondering how you pull a wheelie on an 850 shaft?
                            never tried it myself.
                            drop the clutch in first gear?
                            GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                              just wondering how you pull a wheelie on an 850 shaft?
                              Please dont say you dont think it'll do it.
                              sigpic

82 GS850
                              78 GS1000
                              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                              .................________-|___\____
                              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Devil Shifter

Cool shifter, fits right in with NJ
                                Thanks! I actually live right by the Pine Barrens & grew up listening to Jersey Devil folklore!

Hey thats a cool chopper. I like it :-)
                                Thanks! I'm just getting her out on the road for the first time after a year-long build.

If you can corner,shift and clutch all at the same time, you have my respect.. Jockey shifts are a pain to ride,, cool in a straight line though
                                I hear ya! If I had it to do all over again, I would **probably** not build it with the hand shift/foot clutch. But once you get used to it, it quickly becomes second nature. "Cool in a straight line" definately, ....BUT it's actually the coolest in the parking lot, because that's the first thing people come up and ask me about!

Comment

Working...
                                X