Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Marc!
    Did you attach your signal lights to the fork by using the bottom triple tree bolts?
    2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
    1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
    2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
    s)

Comment

Yes, with 2 little brackets made of aluminium flat stock.
      Marc
      AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
      1978 GS1000C X2
      1978 GS1000E X2
      1979 GS1000S
      1979 gs1000
      1983 gs400e

Comment

Originally posted by solo suzuki View Post
        it's a MAC ceramic coated pipe,
        let's see pix of the 1000 srsupertrap,
        nice one kochic/marc
        more pix that's the ticket!
        solo suzuki,
        I purchased this GS1000E in Sept 79 from NHRA Pro Stock Champion Frank Iaconna (sp?) with zero miles which he won at Summer Nationals at Englishtown NJ which suzuki was sponsoring. Who remembers the free Suzuki T. Vance T-shirts? I did most of the performance modifications in the 80's and it still has a lot of performance goodies from back then. I repainted it this last summer ala who knows what?

Too bad we didn't have the GS forum back then to compare carb notes.

1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
        Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by srsupertrap View Post
          solo suzuki,
          I purchased this GS1000E in Sept 79 from NHRA Pro Stock Champion Frank Iaconna (sp?) with zero miles which he won at Summer Nationals at Englishtown NJ which suzuki was sponsoring. Who remembers the free Suzuki T. Vance T-shirts? I did most of the performance modifications in the 80's and it still has a lot of performance goodies from back then. I repainted it this last summer ala who knows what?

Too bad we didn't have the GS forum back then to compare carb notes.

Wow Great memories and a great bike. I wish Windsurfing equipment was like that; unfortunately when it is old it is old

Comment

Started with a free, stock, non-running motorcycle, 2 weeks and $400 later this is the result.

Comment

I like it! What tank is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Flaggo60 View Post
                I like it! What tank is that?
                What tank is that...? What BIKE is that??

Comment

Haha. Its the stock tank(after a bit of banging with a hammer) on a 1977 gs 400

Comment

cavilry, How does it run?
                    It has to run at least as good if not better than it looks.

Looks good!
                    sigpic

82 GS850
                    78 GS1000
                    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                    .................________-|___\____
                    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

It runs great! I got it for free cause no one could get it to run but now I starts first kick and runs pretty strong. The only problem is it runs a little rich and backfires when cold

Comment

Would this be considered "custom"?
                        An 80 L with an 83 ED motor?

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by cavilry View Post
                          It runs great! I got it for free cause no one could get it to run but now I starts first kick and runs pretty strong. The only problem is it runs a little rich and backfires when cold
                          Pretty cool....ditch the single mirror for some bar-end mirrors & that should look sweet, IMHO. Surprised you got it to run without any air filters.....probably even more surprised that it runs rich, unless you've already played with the jetting.

Tony.
                          '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                          Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

ya, it runs great...i was surprised too. I am about to order some air filters from z1. As far as the carbs....I have no idea what people have done to it before me.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                              Would this be considered "custom"?
                              An 80 L with an 83 ED motor?

(Best Clinton impersonation)...define "custom".
                              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Not mine, but worthy of showing off for sure. Note the lack of down tubes... The panel work is the frame
                                This chopper was made by Kiwi Steve Roberts (prolly in the early to mid 80's) for someone called Earl G. I'm picking that Earl G is probably an American (not a common name over this way). Has anyone seen this in the flesh?

Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X