Clear All

Ask and ye shall receive!!

And 1 of the GSxr's....91 1100
    Thieves.....kill them all.

Comment

Originally posted by gs1197 View Post

Ask and ye shall receive!!

And 1 of the GSxr's....91 1100

[In my best Tim the Tool Man Taylor imitaion]= ARGH, ARGH, ARGH!!!
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by 82gs1100 View Post
        how do you do that to the fins and have it come out strait.
        Do what to the fins?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by 82gs1100 View Post
          how do you do that to the fins and have it come out strait.
          A file. Paint the motor, then file them down. I think the NEWER GS motors came stock from the factory that way. But the older ones you can take a file to the fin edges on the head and get them to look pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            A file. Paint the motor, then file them down. I think the NEWER GS motors came stock from the factory that way. But the older ones you can take a file to the fin edges on the head and get them to look pretty good.
            if you look real close the fins on the head are cut. theres a pattern cut into them.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman

Kinda interesting that Suzuki came out with the champaigne / red body work for those that couldn't decide between one or the other.
              what year and cc gsxr front end are u using thats the 1 i would like to put on my gz

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                Ok.. since you asked.. Ive posted this a few times, but what the hell!

This is my 1977 GS750B Cafe Racer build project. Its not done yet, but slowly and surely working its way there. Of course, I keep thinking of MORE things I want to do, so it may well never be done, but here she is for now...

I built the fibreglass seat by hand, and the tank I will be using on it isnt on it in this pic, but I hand beat knee indents into it as well. The whole bike was stripped down to the frame, and Ive added some performance mods, such as progressive dual coil shocks, a GS11000E aluminum boxed swingarm, Tarozzi fork brace, Vance and Hines pipe, hand jetted the carbs (still fine tuning that..sheesh) Stainless brake lines, EBC pads, rebuilt the top end of the motor and she's lowered an inch in the front, bout .5 inch in the rear. Eventually, probably THIS winter, the electrics will all be hidden under the seat box, I may be adding velocity stacks, clipon bars, drilled rotors, rearsets, once i can fab a kicker arm that wont hit the rear brake pedal on the rearsets, and possibly 850 jugs and pistons.

how many layers of glass did you use for your seat? I have 5 layers on the flat part of my seat and 4 on the hump but it doesnt seem thick enough.

looks sharp BTW!

Comment

Do you have a pad on that seat yet? I see you signed up to ride this to SWOKZ. That might be a little rough on bare glass. Can't wait to see it.
                  Dogma
                  --
                  O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post

Do you have a pad on that seat yet? I see you signed up to ride this to SWOKZ. That might be a little rough on bare glass.
                    He'd have numb nuts for a month!
                    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

isleoman, color me green with envy. I did very similar mods to my 80 1100 but it looks no where near as clean as yours. Bravo sir

Comment

did you have to add the clamps for the handle bar. i couldnt find a gsxr tripple with clamps. o and your bike is now set as my background.
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-13-2008, 05:02 AM.

Comment

80 GS1100,
                          I got those risers from a company that was selling on ebay for a short while. Apparently there are folks that stunt GSXRs and they made these to convert the clip ons to conventional bars.

I had to drill four holes in the top triple to make it work. I don't think that company is still around but if you Google "GSXR" and "STUNT" and "Risers" you may find something similar.
                          I had risers for a bit, but switched to clipons. No matter where you get the risers you're going to have to drill the triple as no GSXRs came with them. Suzuki SV650 and 1000s came with risers for 7/8s bars - I'm sure you can grab some off of ebay.

Comment

You'll never get a picture from me in this thread. There is some unbelievably impressive work here.
                            "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

79 gs750e

heres my 750:
                              (sorry about the pics, used my phone)

79 gs750e... put a vance & hines exhaust with k&n pod filters. getting the carbs worked in was a pain. painted the wheels seat and tank with spray can. modded up a mini tail light and switched to a single speedo from what was said to be a 78 750 but it only goes up to 80mph so i'm thinking it was a smaller bike. now im trying to hide the rest of the wires better and im searching for a spoked rear wheel to match the front one i already have, so if you have one let me know.

Comment

does this count as custom???

Comment

Working...
                                X