No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's mine It's not nearly so pretty & shiny & mechanically correct as most every other bike on here, but I love it ! I've had it for just over 2 months & have cleaned it up a bit, learned to ride, & put over 5000 kms on it ) I'm hoping it will last 'til the onset of winter before absolutely demanding serious-take-things-apart work, so I can keep riding. Any & all input is most welcome.
    I love just about everything about the bike, with only 1 little reservation.
    I love the cowling, the windshield, the thottle lock, the larger hand grips & the bags, while very ugly, are very useful.

......... oh frigggg .... can't figure out how to post a pic --- will go seeking info -- maybe picture in next post ?

Comment

maybe this will work ?

Comment

hey It worked !!! that's my little bike in the last picture

Comment

Just filed...

The fins are just filed. I think the zoom feature makes it look like a pattern....

Originally posted by 82gs1100 View Post
          if you look real close the fins on the head are cut. theres a pattern cut into them.

Comment

Well on the risk of being totally embarrassed by isleoman, here is my baby minus the black front fender that's on there now.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
              liloaty,

What are you talkin about, your bike looks great. I'm sure the handling has to be massively improved too with those suspension mods. Have you had any issues with your exhaust touching down after adding the front end? I thought 80s had silver engines. Like the look of the black though.

Your rear sets look a little like the ones Katman was just working with. I like how simply you were able to mount them. Are they mounted to the black bracket which is mounted to the frame or are they mounted directly to the frame.

Also are those stainless front brake lines? Is there a jacket on them? Mine didn't have a clear jacket on them so I wraped them with that black spiral cover stuff. The stainless lines can scratch you aluminum forks and fender pretty easily if they constantly touch.

My only other suggestion would be to get some pics in a better setting. Most of mine are just taken in the back yard or a park. Finding a scenic backround with good lighting helps bring out your bike's beauty. After that its just getting the early morning or late afternoon sun behind you. Doesn't really matter what your using for a camera, its all about the composition.
              Thanks for the compliments! I haven't had any issues at all with the exhaust touching, but I did put on 14" rear shocks to raise the ass end a bit.

Correct, the 80s had silver motors, but the previous owner painted it black. The paint is in bad shape so I'll probably tear it down this winter and do it right. That black bracket is mounted to the old peg holes, and then the rearsets to that. The black bracket is just 1/4in steel that I CNC plasma cut - works great. The lines are stainless steel, but they have a clear coat on them so no worries about scratching.

I fully plan on getting some better pictures - that one is from a camera phone. I literally just wrapped up this project last week.

Comment

Here is my 78 GS750 project.....maybe it will get done one of the days

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle M. View Post
                  Here is my 78 GS750 project.....maybe it will get done one of the days

Is that cute purple wheel and white tire going on the GS

Comment

Originally posted by liloaty View Post
                    Is that cute purple wheel and white tire going on the GS
                    Yup, that's the next mod Wait till you see those pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by tracy borchert View Post
                      Here's my version, but not for long it might be sold.
                      This is a truly professional job! Whoever bought this machine is very lucky and I hope they realize it.

Comment

Here is Mine

I have made some minor mods to this bike. New Handlebars, New Grips new pegs. V&H 4to1 (went with the K&N replacement filter vs the pods). Other than that I put on different Blinkers and a Windsheild.

Take a look at the Mount for the muffler however. That little modification removed the vibration from the handlebars and almost all the vibration from the foot pegs. I was very happy and my wife could handle riding with me again.

Picture was taken on the Iron Horse road south of Keystone SD.
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2008, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Hagen View Post

Take a look at the Mount for the muffler however. That little modification removed the vibration from the handlebars and almost all the vibration from the foot pegs. I was very happy and my wife could handle riding with me again.
                          Great idea.

Comment

Not sure what justifies "custom", but mine's not entirely stock. It's just that the mods pale in comparison to many posted in this thread.

I purchased it with these mods:
                            superbike bars (not sure from which bike)
                            V&H 4-into-1
                            Accel Ignition
                            K&N "in-box" filter

Since then, I've done these (mostly cosmetic):
                            new signals
                            new gauges and gauge cluster bracket
                            new mirrors
                            new bar ends and grips
                            National Cycle fly screen (to hide the new gauge cluster hardware...and to add a little style)

Future mods:
                            not entirely sure, yet. They'll come as time and funds allow. I'm enjoying it as it is at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Craiger View Post
                              National Cycle fly screen (to hide the new gauge cluster hardware...and to add a little style)

Where'd you get that windscreen? How easy was it to mount?

Comment

Originally posted by liloaty View Post
                                Where'd you get that windscreen? How easy was it to mount?
                                I got it on eBay for $120 (including shipping). Mounting was as easy as removing the headlight bracket bolts and replacing them with the bolts included in the mounting bracket package. The only thing I did differently was adding two rubber washers (one per side, of course) between the mounting brackets and the headlight brackets to reduce vibration.

As I have the 8" headlight, I had to mount it just behind the headlight bezel.

Comment

Working...
                                X