• Show
Clear All

bike is beautiful!! great job

Comment

Originally posted by bushido View Post
      it's a 1980 GS550E

here's a couple more pics:

old paint job:
      Did you modify the stock exhaust? Your exhaust looks different in the second picture. Did you cut a portion of the baffles? The system on my 78 looks more closed-in on the ends.

Comment

My Katana with at least some mods...

Comment

Same Kat with different engine to meet racing rules...

Comment

On the circuit

Comment

Gixxer motor to an 1150 motor? What type of mods?
              Good stuff!
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                Gixxer motor to an 1150 motor? What type of mods?
                Good stuff!
                Thank you, chef,

I'm using a Bandit 1200 engine for quite some years now, engine is more or less stock, just a stage III Dyno kit and dual pods on the intake side and a decent race can on the ex side. Makes 130 hp.
                When I decided to be part of some classic race events I had to re-implant my old EFE engine to meet the rules. Again same carbs 'n' zorst. Didn't have it on a dyno bench in that configuration.
                Running gear: GSXR 1100 USD complete front end, inner stanchions extended by 30mm for more ground clearance, Wilbers suspension mod.
                Rear end: RC36 single sider, modified to center bolt, 6" PVM wheel,
                high adjustable Wilbers mono shock
                BOS full stainless exhaust race system. Frame braced here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool Food View Post
                  Love this thread. Lots of good ideas for my ’78 GS550 project. I just got this bike as is. I haven’t had a chance to put my mark on it yet.
                  hey could you send up close photos of the suicide shifter?

Comment

Mindless and Pedda,
                    You guys absolutely ROCK!!! Classic steel being put to their design intentions; I LOVE that! New suspension only makes it better!
                    Great work guys, and if you've got more pics, this guy wants to see 'em!!!
                    THANKS!
                    -KR

Comment

83 gs1100 es

With the new custom seat and backrest complete ...

Comment

Originally posted by adam89 View Post
                        hey could you send up close photos of the suicide shifter?
                        Yup, when i get back to Dallas in a few days...

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool Food View Post
                          Yup, when i get back to Dallas in a few days...
                          Pretty clever attaching the clutch lever to the shifter. I was looking for a foot clutch at first before i saw how you handled it.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                            I was looking for a foot clutch at first before i saw how you handled it.
                            Well, I can't take credit for the customization. As i said in my profile, Dusty Hambrick (out of Sherman TX) did all the work so far. As for the clutch, i don't recommend it. It makes stop and go riding unpleasant, at the least. I will probably add a air clutch or a foot peddle eventual. The throw on the shifter is a bit unmanageable as well, because the pivot is at the end instead of in the middle. It looks tough though...

Comment

GSX 1100 E with some gsxr mods..ground clearance is a bit problem, but it will be fixed with devil 4-2-1 gsxr header.

Comment

Mean look & stance, nice level of detail, fit & finish. What part of Europe?
                                Last edited by srsupertrap; 07-17-2010, 11:08 AM.
                                1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                                Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X