Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toadstool Food View Post
    For Adam and Billy, and all you bobber fans. Here are the close ups I promised:

did you weld steel to copper?

Comment

Originally posted by GEE-S View Post
      dont know if this is custom enough.......but I do know its not stock!

its my 1980 GSX750E.....I call it a ratbike......ol rattie!

its a self teaching project toy I bought, if that makes sence...

I personally don't care for rat bikes as a style, but that chain guard amuses me.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Well, here's mine - '78 GS550E

Here's my custom GS550.

Comment

Originally posted by Richharr View Post
          I must say I'm impressed as well.

Comment

Here's my contribution, a 1980 GS550L. It has a couple modifications...

Comment

Originally posted by old_chopper View Post
              Here's my contribution, a 1980 GS550L. It has a couple modifications...
              that's a sweet ride! any more pics?
              GS850GT

Comment

Old Chopper--GREAT JOB! I can really appreciate the look. I grew up in the early 70's and remember chops running around. More pics please!

Comment

Originally posted by Richharr View Post
                  As I said before, I did not do the customization. You can find the details in my profile.
                  As for the welds, Dusty tells me that he brazed the rod with a biscuit inside the base (like a bicycle frame). The visible welds are to cold steel pins he fixed in the rod, to hold the rod in place and keep the brazing from cracking. IDK for sure because I did not see him do it, but it hasn’t shown any sine of loosening.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                    I personally don't care for rat bikes as a style, but that chain guard amuses me.

Photo's don't do things justice sometimes...... you may find this a little more amusing, its made from Carbon Fiber and to my amusement the Carbon fibre once laid takes on the appearance of 3D snakes skin and the heavy 2ply has given it a textured back bone.....Shame, It is much more affective in real life.

the other picture is the headlight brackets (same on other side), also Carbon fibre..... do you think the blood should be darker?

Last edited by Guest; 07-23-2010, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Not quite blood red.
                      Dogma
                      --
                      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                      '80 GS850 GLT
                      '80 GS1000 GT
                      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J89BuCeDCJU

Comment

nice! can we see it running? Did you fabricate that mirror?

Comment

Yeah I made the mirror. It's just a blind spot stick on mirror on a piece of aluminum stock so I can ride it around. It runs pretty good. I'm gonna put different mufflers on it and then sort the jetting more

Comment

finally got some good pics of mine lol only took a couple months ok no wtf trying to put it in from photo bucket and every link i try it says invalid and i croped it down to size need some help
                              Last edited by Guest; 07-28-2010, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazypaint View Post
                                finally got some good pics of mine lol only took a couple months
                                Where, am I missing something?

Good looking bikes round these parts!
                                sigpic

82 GS850
                                78 GS1000
                                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                                .................________-|___\____
                                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Working...
                                X