No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice, Russ! What's the story on the custom exhaust can (on the red Yosh 1000)...that looks pretty sharp!
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Russ, how do you adjust the rear wheel distance? Is it similar to a Benelli setup, rotate the offset axle?

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
        Very nice, Russ! What's the story on the custom exhaust can (on the red Yosh 1000)...that looks pretty sharp!
        The custom can from both the '78 and the Cooley were made by a local Houston company called Jemco Exhausts. They have been making exhausts for around 30 years. Very big in the 2-stroke crowd. They literally ship all over the world. The can on the cooley was made to look like a Harris can. Both have 2 inch baffles. On the '78 we had to cut off the rear peg bracket and made the mount where the top was cut to accomodate the upsweep design. Originally it was a period Yosh exactly like Salty Monk's '78.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
          Russ, how do you adjust the rear wheel distance? Is it similar to a Benelli setup, rotate the offset axle?
          That is correct.

Comment

here is a pic of my 80 1100E with a gsxr front end, and a Bandit 600 rear wheel running a 160 in the stock swinger
            [IMG]file:///C:/Users/ccity/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.png[/IMG]
            Last edited by hjfisk; 03-27-2011, 07:30 PM.
            1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
            80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
            1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
            83 gs750ed- first new purchase
            85 EX500- vintage track weapon
            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
            If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Russ,
              Your bike collection is verrrrrry nice!

hjfisk,
              I like the direction you are going with your 1100...is that a gsxr front end?

Comment

Not mine.
                A bike i saw a couple weeks ago at the vintage races at Mosport. I forgot to get the owners name. It was the first time on the track for the bike in 20 years.
                Love the Astralite wheels.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Yes i am too stupid to get them both in the same post.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                    The custom can from both the '78 and the Cooley were made by a local Houston company called Jemco Exhausts. They have been making exhausts for around 30 years.
                    They did a pretty good job...I love the look of the pipe on the red 1000, in particular. By coincidence, I checked out a Jemco system for a Kawasaki KZ a few weeks ago. I had wheeled my bike out to the street, and came in to put on my gear when a guy stopped his pick-up & got out to check out the bike. When I went out, he asked if I was interested in selling it & I told him it wasn't for sale. Turns out he has 7 classic Kawa KZ/Z bikes, some very nice & the others in various stages of restoration, according to pics he showed me on his i-phone. Anyways, he pulled out a newly acquired Jemco Kawa system from the bed of his pick-up, and also a Wolf, similar to the one on my bike, that he was taking to get ceramic coated. Seemed disappointed, that I had not heard of Jemco.
                    Dude left me his card (apparently in the steel supply business), and asked me to call him first, if I ever wanted to sell...seems he would like to add my Suzuki to his Kawasaki stable.
                    It was only after he left, and I rode away, that I realized that neither of us had ever mentioned a price....
                    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Love the Astralite wheels.

You and me both Steve. I would kill for a set of Astralites......

Comment

I love this thread!

-KR

Comment

Not really custom but shes got a new tank (the one in the background is the old one), now I just gotta change the seat, side covers and tail section lol. Plus alot of cleaning but thats given.

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                            You and me both Steve. I would kill for a set of Astralites......
                            Ditto!!!!!!!!
                            The Three Horsemen
                            '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
                            '83 GS1100ES
                            ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
                            Porkchop Express

Comment

This is my gs 750 still got lots of work to do but she is getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by moochx5 View Post
                                This is my gs 750 still got lots of work to do but she is getting there.

Hardtail AND clipons? hmm, Like to see where that's going, Mooch- got a build thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X