Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by isleoman
    Did you have a chance to try the stock height rear shocks with the new front before putting on the taller rear shocks? I'm curious if you notice the difference? It's not obviously higher in the photos.
    I can't comment on the shocks with a GSXR front end, but I put 14" Ikon shocks on my 1100E and it felt like the bike dropped 50lbs. It turns in much easier and generally feels more sporting and sharper. Yes, stability was reduced, but that is like reducing the stability of a locomotive. It has never been an issue or caused any problems.

Mark

Comment

[quote=isleoman;879563]
      Originally posted by liloaty View Post
      Thanks for the compliments! I haven't had any issues at all with the exhaust touching, but I did put on 14" rear shocks to raise the ass end a bit.

Interesting info on the 14" rear shocks. I bought some 14.25 off the Ohlins group buy but haven't mounted them yet. They are actually meant for the CB900 and CB1100f.

Did you have a chance to try the stock height rear shocks with the new front before putting on the taller rear shocks? I'm curious if you notice the difference? It's not obviously higher in the photos.
      Pretty much what Mark said. The only issue is that it significantly reduces the swing arm to chain clearance. You may run into issues with the 14.25s. The 14s I bought were also listed for the CB9 and 11s. It turns in much easier and makes it a bit easier to keep the front end down.

Comment

Originally posted by muskies666 View Post
        heres my 750:
        (sorry about the pics, used my phone)

79 gs750e... put a vance & hines exhaust with k&n pod filters. getting the carbs worked in was a pain. painted the wheels seat and tank with spray can. modded up a mini tail light and switched to a single speedo from what was said to be a 78 750 but it only goes up to 80mph so i'm thinking it was a smaller bike. now im trying to hide the rest of the wires better and im searching for a spoked rear wheel to match the front one i already have, so if you have one let me know.
        I have a spoked rear I would be willing to part with. Shipping might be a bear, but let me know if you are interested.

Comment

Thanks Cafekid for the helpful info. Athough I have a 550e it has the same rear setup. The handle bars are in the way on the front end. The bike was a gift, and although I've got it torn-down and repainted, I think I'll wait for a bigger gs to really motify. thanks again

Comment

83 1100 slowly spiraling out of control

I cant stop the madness, still have parts coming from all directions UPS.This is way too much fun
            Last edited by Guest; 08-15-2008, 11:10 PM.

Comment

83 1100 slowly spiraling out of control

HHMMMMMM Mikes thinking trac dynamics 0 to 4" over stockswingarm Polished or black Powdercoat? any opinions
              Last edited by Guest; 08-15-2008, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                HHMMMMMM Mikes thinking trac dynamics 0 to 4" over stockswingarm Polished or black Powdercoat? any opinions
                polished of course

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                  Maybe these will help you decide:

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                  79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Black, but why are you thinking of stretching? I never really saw the appeal unless your drag racing - it totally ruins the handling on the street.

Comment

here is mine

it is gs 550 from '79

Comment

Originally posted by xxxWALLYxxx View Post
                        here is mine

it is gs 550 from '79

No disrespect intended but this bike looks scary as hell.

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Heres my 78 1000.

Lots of Mods. And Planning more...

Comment

Never miss a chance for a shameless post!

Comment

where can i find the setup to mount my foot controls on the rear for a 79 gs 850?

Comment

My beater....

Comment

Working...
                                X