DAMN that looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
        WHY do you need to wrap the headers?
        i just like the look of wrapped pipes

Comment

Originally posted by badbrown View Post
          some updated pics
          What year and size is the black GS? It looks like my 78 GS550. If it is a 550, any chance you would like to get rid of that UGLY 4into1 pipe? I have been searching for a header for my bike for nearly 2yrs.

Comment

Oh Yeah! That is it. Excellent work.

Tell me. The rear shocks are ornamental aren't they? It looks like there is no room for travel between the tyre, guard and seat.

Very cool. It makes me want to build one but I have enough work to do as it is.

Comment

they are very stiff but they do move. the rear has about 1.5 - 2 inches of travel.

Comment

this is my first bike, i bought it after it sat for ten years in a shed and im making it into a "cafe" style bike...tell me what you think!

its a 78 gs550 E

when i bought it

after a few weeks

me

Comment

78 gs550 - Cafe

Thanks to everyone that helped me on my first bike build. Would not have done it without this site!!

Comment

Originally posted by ajgs550 View Post
                    Thanks to everyone that helped me on my first bike build. Would not have done it without this site!!

Do you have any closer picts of the bike? Looks nice and clean. The old emblem on the tank is a nice touch.

cg

sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman

Got bored, thought I'd post up an old pic for some personal motivation.
                      Isleoman,
                      Done with the frame swap? I saw your pics of that nice Star Racing GS1100 cylinder head a couple of months back that should get you motivated
                      1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                      Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

I need to get busy...

Comment

How CLOSE to the ground are those pipes!

Daniel

Comment

Guess we need to define done..... Got everything back together and it started on first try. All of the below was done after getting rear ended by PU.

-83 powder coated frame
                            -Powder Coated existing GSXR wheels
                            -Star Racing Head
                            -1166 Wiseco pistons
                            -Stan Gardner Crank
                            -Heavy duty clutch/Pressure plate and welded basket
                            -New Cam Motion Cams
                            -Ceramic Coated existing Yosh Header
                            - New battery box and Reg/Rec mounting plate
                            - New Wiring harness

Fired up the engine and found the upper case had a hairline crack that was weeping oil when it got warm. Never took it on the road. Crack developed near front motor mount from the truck rear ending me. Have sense gotten replacement cases with a nice tranny, should be painting them next week. Still need to pull engine back out and decide who I'm going to use to swap the cases. So yea I'm done, but doing it again....

Had re-used my old tranny and noticed when I got the engine back for re-assembly into frame that the splines were worn allowing the front sprocket to rotate a little more than you would like.
                            Wow, You really did alot of work; too bad about the cases. My cases are leaking as well and needs to be split (was doing it before the accident) but now is as good of time as ever. I also have a spare tranny from a 15K mile 83 ED.

I'm kinda in a parts hunting mode myself but have not been able to get real motivated.
                            Jim

Comment

damn, she's a beaut, Isleoman. I had my 4-1 touch down in a long right hand sweeper. I'm new to riding my GS and rode dangerously wide into the opposite lane. If a car was coming the other way, I wouldn't be here today I've learned from it and won't be pushing its limits in unfamiliar territory anymore.

Comment

Yeah, that's a SMOKIN' hot bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X