• Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Counterpoint View Post
      Classic black and gold. Very nice. Charlie G
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Very sharp!

Comment

Originally posted by gane View Post
          Steve, No, I laced the Sun rims to GS 750 hubs. mounting the rotors thru 1 off aluminum spacers (@ 12mm thick, but to stock hub holes.) then mounted calipers via plates to GS850 lower legs. spacing is CRITICAL.. the clearance of calipers to spokes is like 2mm. but it did allow me 320mm floating rotors & 4 pot calipers. MONSTER brakes in the day, In retrospect I would simply go USD forks, 17"wheel & have better/stiffer/tunable front suspension. luck G
          G, i ended up with the 296mm rotors and have changed offset spacers, calipers and brackets a number of times. I like the look of spokes and this bike will be ridden hard but will not get near a track.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The PO filled it in but apparently forgot to do the tail piece. I plan on changing the color of the bike soon and i will fill the tailpiece in to

Comment

Originally posted by gane View Post
              Just another E, abett: 1165,cams &flow work,Yosh,36mm slingshots ohlins backcut trans, billet basket Sun's, 850 forks ZRX rotors w/ sumitomo 4 piston calipers watari rearsets oval K&N's 530 chain euro bars steering damper & stuff. nuttin special, but a nice smooth ride. I have managed to acrue spares of all the nec. painted bits & have the winter to prep them for fresh paint. am leaning tward black w/blue but vacilate, what ever will be stock scheme. I club raced this bike for 3 seasons in the MRA but could never win the #1 plate tho I'm sure a better rider could have. I like this bike, hope you enjoy.G

I don't agree with your 'nothing special' thought. I like your bike a lot! You paid attention to key components of deep-motor work AND suspension. Well done!
              -KR

Comment

Originally posted by gs1197 View Post

86 1150E
                Chassis soon to be sold
                But keeping the motor

And it's almost as evil brother

Oh man, that red roller is exactly what I'm looking for, to do a cruise-night, pro-street bike. I've got an 1150 motor waiting for something stretched with a stock tank. BIG tire would be fine, also.

Comment

She started life as a 1985 GS550L, but now she's so much more than that...

Comment

Cool Custom!

Capt., are you still interested in the gSXR front end?
                    Tanx
                    Greg
                    sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                    2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                    Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                    '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Originally posted by depperson View Post
                      Ive had this for about a year. I personally added the following: Lowered front and rear, integrated tailight, mini turnsignals in the front, accel super coil and wires, dynas electronic ignition with coil relay mod, dynojet stage 3, hid headlight superbike handle bars, vance and hines exhaust, emgo pod filters while saving for k&n! drilled rotor for the rear. Im currently looking for front forks in good shape so i can do a dual disc front end, and gs1100 swinger.
                      Beautiful bike. El G.

Comment

Originally posted by CPT America View Post
                        She started life as a 1985 GS550L, but now she's so much more than that...
                        What is that you are using for air filters?

Comment

Originally posted by gmansyz View Post
                          Capt., are you still interested in the gSXR front end?
                          Tanx
                          Greg
                          Hey Greg, sorry about that. I think I'm going to hold off on doing that front end swap. Thanks for all the info though.

Comment

Originally posted by mostholycerebus View Post
                            What is that you are using for air filters?
                            Some foam filter material. I'm trying to locate either some NOS pods (which I'm pretty sure is next to impossible) or find a K&N oval set with the same dimensions, or see about getting an oval to round adapter crafted so I can use a regular round filter.

Comment

before and after,
                              77 750e been working on it a few months. got it running sweet thanks to this forum, want to go with some clip ons, need to rebuild the forks and not so sure about the silver paint
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-23-2011, 01:13 PM. Reason: added a pic

Comment

Originally posted by CPT America View Post
                                Some foam filter material. I'm trying to locate either some NOS pods (which I'm pretty sure is next to impossible) or find a K&N oval set with the same dimensions, or see about getting an oval to round adapter crafted so I can use a regular round filter.
                                If you get someone to make an ovals to round adapter LMK, I may be in for one too. Maybe something from the two ovals to a single large oval that a common K&N will fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X