No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see if I get this picture right.........
    81 GS1100e
    83 GS1100e
    67 Norton P11(someday soon I'm gonna kick it alive and ride it!)
    A couple of KZ400's
    Be Here Now Until You're There Then

Comment

Some of you might remember my bike as the "mystery bike" from about a year ago....last winter I decided to do the GSXR conversion--No Regrets!--

81 GS1100e
      83 GS1100e
      67 Norton P11(someday soon I'm gonna kick it alive and ride it!)
      A couple of KZ400's
      Be Here Now Until You're There Then

Comment

Originally posted by 8barreldart View Post

before and after,
        77 750e been working on it a few months. got it running sweet thanks to this forum, want to go with some clip ons, need to rebuild the forks and not so sure about the silver paint
        Nicely done! Very clean minimalistic lines; what a cafe should be.

Comment

Originally posted by 8barreldart View Post

before and after,
          77 750e been working on it a few months. got it running sweet thanks to this forum, want to go with some clip ons, need to rebuild the forks and not so sure about the silver paint
          What Russ said, NEED MOAR PICS! This is an excellent restoration. I like how easy it is to reuse the E tail for a cafe conversion. The GS series are definitely understated in custom motorcycle building.

Comment

thanks guys for the compliments. its my first GS, have done a couple of CB's in the past. All the wiring is under the seat, some shorty cheapo muffs, have to get a speedo and wire up some warning lights. Battery is a real small AGM mounted where the center stand use to be, have to clean the overspray off the rear rim, do some detailing yet. I made my own steel seat pan and had it covered by a pro for 75$, turned out real nice. I put a add up for some of the parts that came off it, bags, vetter. I have alot of the stock parts off it and anyone that can use them can have them, thanks again, Daniel
            Last edited by Guest; 01-23-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Agreed, very nice cafe.

Comment

Agreed, very nice and understaded, tastfully done, just a quick question.
                Without the front mud gaurd, how are you bracing the forks, the standard GS fork brace is intergral as part of the mud gaurd?
                Or is there an after market fork brace on there that I have missed, I would suggest one, otherwise those forks are going to "walk" like a pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                  Agreed, very nice and understaded, tastfully done, just a quick question.
                  Without the front mud gaurd, how are you bracing the forks, the standard GS fork brace is intergral as part of the mud gaurd?
                  Or is there an after market fork brace on there that I have missed, I would suggest one, otherwise those forks are going to "walk" like a pig.
                  No fork braces built into the guards on the older GS's. I doubt that the light pressed steel guards add any rigidity to the old noodles so probably no different on or off. I don't have a aftermarket fork brace on mine......... yet so she moves all over the place when pushing on.

Comment

Working on the front fender, got some good ideas on the shape after i cut it down alittle. Didnt honestly think about the added strength, but the fender is kinda beefy and make sense that it would help. I have always added fork braces to my xr400's and they were worth the money. Thanks for the help, Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by mostholycerebus View Post
                      If you get someone to make an ovals to round adapter LMK, I may be in for one too. Maybe something from the two ovals to a single large oval that a common K&N will fit.
                      Will do. I just ordered 2 39mm pods from ebay for cheap ($5.40) and have an idea that I'm going to try when they get here. If it works I'll let you know. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I dont know if i ever posted mine in here, so here it is.
                        I saved if from the scrapper out of a friend of a friends garage for the whopping price of FREE

Comment

Originally posted by jmlcolorado View Post
                          I dont know if i ever posted mine in here, so here it is.
                          I saved if from the scrapper out of a friend of a friends garage for the whopping price of FREE

Only 1 picture per post? What gives?

Comment

Very very cool. I really like the use of the drilled out sheet metal

Comment

just about finished now , just waiting for warm whether ot test it ,

Comment

Oh WOW!

THAT IS .....

CAFE COOL

Comment

Working...
                                X