No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am digging that seat, beautiful build !!

Comment

Your right jwhelan65 that seat is very nice. Good job!

Peace!

Comment

I want to know how you did the footpegs.. want to do something like that on my bike...

Comment

new pics

added some hayabusa rear sets and come clip-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by 8barreldart View Post
            added some hayabusa rear sets and come clip-ons.

Very nice! I'd suggest going this route with rearsets, I fabricated my own, and unfortunately had some design interference with the levers and can't equip them :/

Comment

Thanks, yeah the haybusa set up was very easy

got complete set-ups for 20$ plus shipping each side

the shifter spline was the same, i had to bend my stock brake line to mate up and brake lite switch hooked right up.

to mount them i made some plates of some heavy gauge steel which bolted

to the stock location along with a tab welded to the frame on the upper

most part of the rear set. Plan on painting them up soon, maybe add some

pegs.

Comment

Originally posted by 8barreldart View Post

the shifter spline was the same
                Good to know, I tried purchasing a Katana shifter spline but it was too small.

Comment

Hey midnightcafe! what jacket are you wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by rangerdanger View Post
                    Hey midnightcafe! what jacket are you wearing?
                    Icon strongarm, though it's not in production now

Comment

78 GS550E two-up cafe

I know I've already posted a pic of this bike in another post, but here it is in the custom GS thread:

1978 GS550E with 550L fenders and rear wheel, unknown Yamaha seat, 4-into-1 pipe, aftermarket head and tail lights, custom instrument panel, Tarozzi clip-ons and rearsets, and a matte black rattle can paint job. Cost about $1,500 total.

I had a GS550E in the 70s, so I know how they are supposed to run. This one is very nice to ride, and the more modern riding position helps a lot.
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoBob View Post
                        I know I've already posted a pic of this bike in another post, but here it is in the custom GS thread:

1978 GS550E with 550L fenders and rear wheel, unknown Yamaha seat, 4-into-1 pipe, aftermarket head and tail lights, custom instrument panel, Tarozzi clip-ons and rearsets, and a matte black rattle can paint job. Cost about $1,500 total.

I had a GS550E in the 70s, so I know how they are supposed to run. This one is very nice to ride, and the more modern riding position helps a lot.
                        Looks good ChicagoBob, I would ride the hell outta that bike.

Comment

1979 gs550 L, but i think i did a good job and removing the "L" out of it.

$400, found it out in genoa city, wisconsin in a garage. i dont know where or how he got it, but the original owner lives less then 5 miles from my place. last titles in 1980 when it was NEW. legally im the second owner.

7189 miles as of today.

before:

Comment

aaaaaand after:

Comment

Nice Ranger Danger! All these L builds... makes me want to make a "L Surgery" Thread

Comment

Orginally 1980 GS550 Swingarm extended 6", Hardtailed, New Seat with 2" springs, the rest is easy to tell; Total invester $1,100....$700 bike + $400 Mods
                                Last edited by Guest; 03-30-2011, 02:34 PM. Reason: Adding information

Comment

Working...
                                X