No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres my latest project to roll back out the garage.....

started like this....
    Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

and after 3 years ...it rolled into the light of day like this

Comment

Originally posted by saffa View Post
        me liky! way to go saffa

Comment

Saffa, that bike looks bad azz!

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by BigLay View Post
            1980 GS550e- Working project. 750tank stock tail and home made seat. I like my Cafe bikes but also dont like to remove airboxes. I need to find sidecovers but I have a total with Reg. of $500 into this daily rider.
            can you post up a picture of the back of your bike? i'd like to see how you did the tail section..

Comment

My GS1100 Shafty

It's nothing compared to most of the other bikes in this thread, but here's my GS1100 Shafty. I call it the Marauder. I bought it to pillage and plunder on long rides, as my 360 isn't the most comfortable for doing so.

The Craigslist ad picture....

Wrecked the bike on a group ride when we hit some black ice. Seven bikes in our group went down. I almost parted the bike out, but some words of encouragement from some friends, including another member here, put me back in the right state of mind and I got back to work on it pretty quickly.

And here she is pretty much done. My last mods for the foreseeable future are going to be Dyna Green coils and Progressive suspension front and rear. Most of the parts are sitting in my buddies shop while I get around to buying the front springs next month.

Colors are BMW Titan Silver and British Racing Green. First time doing body and paint.

New euro bars, grips, mirror, signals, lowered the headlight an inch with new brackets.

Pin striping by Wolf

Mini gauges from Dime City Cycles

Lowered the front end a half inch, bobbed both fenders, V&H exhaust with a K&N filter and Stage 1 jet kit.

Gotta love being shameless.....

Comment

Originally posted by saffa View Post

That is a very nice (show quality) example of a custom motorcycle. It seems sorta pure minimalistic and sleek gives it a 'today look' without seemingly losing any of the original look.

Well done that man

Comment

Originally posted by Indiesol View Post
                  It's nothing compared to most of the other bikes in this thread, but here's my GS1100 Shafty. I call it the Marauder. I bought it to pillage and plunder on long rides, as my 360 isn't the most comfortable for doing so.

Mini gauges from Dime City Cycles

Gotta love being shameless.....
                  I like the gauges and the new lines of the front guard look cool. You have done a great job in the details

Comment

So thats what my G would look like with bobbed fenders... I like it. I've thought about it for a while, especially the rear one. Nice work Indesol. I really like the colors and the pin striping is a great detail.

Great looking bike.

Comment

here's mine...almost finished...dont hate me

Comment

Originally posted by redplastic View Post

Hate?! Not from me at least. I love what you've done to it.

Fantastic work! I want to see it finished. It looks like an awesome bike to me.

How did you do the tank dents? Hammer?

Comment

Not really a lot of custom work but the colour sure is

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                            Hate?! Not from me at least. I love what you've done to it.

Fantastic work! I want to see it finished. It looks like an awesome bike to me.

How did you do the tank dents? Hammer?

yes hammer -n- dolly set, and lots of beer!

Comment

Originally posted by redplastic View Post

I dig it. What are the front end and swinger/rear end off?

And thanks for the compliments on mine, folks. It's done for me, but that doesn't mean I'm not glad others like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Indiesol View Post
                                I dig it. What are the front end and swinger/rear end off?

And thanks for the compliments on mine, folks. It's done for me, but that doesn't mean I'm not glad others like it.
                                Suspension looks like its early gsxr stuff. But I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X