No announcement yet.

Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may repaint the original silver parts of the engine when I remove it later on to paint the frame but I don't plan on painting any of the engine covers I stripped and polished.

I made the mid-pipes myself from ss mandrel bends I ordered and welded them to the original headers with 309 filler rod.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      Redliner, I love it. The dual Yoshi cans look great. I remember when you joined, gave some basics about your planned build, then fell off of the radar. Definitely keep us in the loop!

I agree, the modern dual muffler look is very nice.
      Seems like you changed your mind a bit on the mid-pipes. I like the "flow" of both.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by RedLiner1100 View Post
        The bike is a 82 that I fit an 81 tank and bodywork on.

Here is where she sat before I had decided on the final layout for the exhaust and missing a few other odds and ends. Front forks are 2012 Hayabusa with 2010 GSXR 1000 lower clamp, Cognito Moto upper, 2007 GSXR 750 wheel and axle and 2006 Yamaha R1 calipers with custom spacers. Master is a Accossato PRS with Core lines on Driven carbon fiber bars and LSL risers. Headlight brackets are Spiegler 50/55mm. Mirrors are CRG Arrows.

The swingarm, shock, linkage and 5.5" wheel is off a 2007 GSXR 750 with a 48 tooth 530 Supersprox sprocket. Tires are Bridgestone Battle axe BT-016 front and rear. Rearsets are Woodcraft for a 2009 GSXR 1000.

The engine is pretty much stock for now other than the 2.25" stainless mid pipes to Yoshimura slipons, RS36 carbs, Uni filters and a Dyna 2000 ignition with 2.2 coils. The cams will most likely get replaced this winter with Web .348's and port work on the heads.

The electronics are mostly Motogadget with a Motoscope Pro dash, M-unit, M-button, M-switches, M-lock, M-pin signals, Antigravity 16 cell battery and a Shindengen R/R.

I'm still working on the battery box and the layout of the wiring, seat pan and a few other small things. The paint on the tank is nice other than a few small dents I'm going to see if I can get removed. I'm thinking of painting the tail and side covers black and leaving off the strips. That will probably wait until this winter.

Very cool build. Subscribed.

Comment

You have done a really great job there. Pipe mounts could be a little more concealed but I can't think of a way to do that. It might just be the photo angle .
          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

IMG_20150910_150658087.jpgMy 82 GS1100G Cafe. Love this bike. Just puts a grin on my face every time out. Dropped front, raised rear, ace bars, pods, Stage 3, 4 to 1, seat, clocks lowered, polished cases, clutch, exhaust rear light, and the obligatory Cafe 59 Stickers.

Comment

Very nice....! I love mine but I haven't done all that work to mine. I have another one and I hope someday to do it up right. That seat looks awesome. I'd like to see a close up of that...please? Cheers.

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

8204F020-2CCA-4271-869E-2699C293071B_zpsfn4sadqy.jpgIt was a cheap eBay buy $99 AUD

Comment

Still a good looking seat for under a hundred.
                  Are those stock gauges or aftermarket?

Comment

Oh yeah and what on earth are those things in the background?
                    It makes for an awesome back drop regardless, but it is distracting me a bit.
                    Damn childlike curiosity, told it to stay in the car and it keeps following me everywhere I go.

Comment

Thank you! I'd buy that.

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Good looking bikes, all! Like this thread. Lot of imagination and work. Thanks for sharing.
                        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

they were the last of the steel smeltings pots from BHP in Newcastle NSW.

The clocks are standard. I inverted/reversed the bracket and put them under the top tree. Just required a small amount of pressure to line them up with the bolts.

Comment

Still a few things to do, like paint the tank, and clip-ons are on the way.

1983 GS650G
                            Build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=66251.0

Comment

Originally posted by RedLiner1100 View Post
                              I made the mid-pipes myself from ss mandrel bends I ordered and welded them to the original headers with 309 filler rod.
                              Great looking bike!
                              I've been hunting for something with a little bit of a more modern flare for my cafe project. Love the yoshi exhaust. Any idea on where someone might be able to get a up swept mid pipe like that. Unfortunately I'm not crafty enough to make my own.

Comment

1983 750T.

I still have a bit to do aesthetically but this is a very fun bike to ride.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X