Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Turtle,

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll keep it, but I appreciate your offer

As far as I know, there are about 5 including mine in the States.
    1 in Seattle, a couple in the midwest, 1 I saw on Ebay bout 4 years ago in California, and mine.

They're the only motorcycles (Kat thou and pop up) I've ever really lusted over and when I acquired the pop up I almost sacrificed my marraige. In hindsight I shouldn't have bought it, but now its here its here to stay. Mama has come to terms with it and all is well again, but she keeps urging me to "just sell it and buy a new one". Mostly because she gets tired of the maintenance required on a 26 year old, neglected by PO toy.

I'm a product of the 80's too and still think the pop ups are the sexiest of all motorcycles ever made of all time ever.....
    Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

seriously? that few popups? why is that, and can we see some photos of it??

Comment

Originally posted by saltcitytattoo View Post

i need to get some more recent finished pics but you get the idea
        Yeah I get it.... You need to find some big long chopper forks and send me that sweet front end. Shoot....while youre at it...hard tail that thing and send me the mono swinger too !!
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
          seriously? that few popups? why is that, and can we see some photos of it??

This particular model was never imported to the States. Canada got some (199) Europe got some,(unknown how many) but originally they were intended soleley for the Japanese market. They seem somewhat common in England. Check out www.katanacentral.co.uk for more info.

Would love to post up some pics but I'm at work so....

Basically its a GS700E in Kat clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
            Yeah I get it.... You need to find some big long chopper forks and send me that sweet front end. Shoot....while youre at it...hard tail that thing and send me the mono swinger too !!
            no way i love how it handles its like the sports bike i started with but now its a sleeper especially when they find out its a 1100

Comment

Originally posted by saltcitytattoo View Post
              no way i love how it handles its like the sports bike i started with but now its a sleeper especially when they find out its a 1100
              I think I would pay admission to watch you launch that thing at the 1/4 mile drag strip. If it flipped backward those ape hangers might save the tank.
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
                Hey Turtle,

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll keep it, but I appreciate your offer

As far as I know, there are about 5 including mine in the States.
                1 in Seattle, a couple in the midwest, 1 I saw on Ebay bout 4 years ago in California, and mine.

They're the only motorcycles (Kat thou and pop up) I've ever really lusted over and when I acquired the pop up I almost sacrificed my marraige. In hindsight I shouldn't have bought it, but now its here its here to stay. Mama has come to terms with it and all is well again, but she keeps urging me to "just sell it and buy a new one". Mostly because she gets tired of the maintenance required on a 26 year old, neglected by PO toy.

I'm a product of the 80's too and still think the pop ups are the sexiest of all motorcycles ever made of all time ever.....
                There's one in Honolulu too! I know, I've worked on it! Ray.

Comment

I think I would pay admission to watch you launch that thing at the 1/4 mile drag strip. If it flipped backward those ape hangers might save the tank.
                  haha just think of the aerodynamic drag on a 1/4 mile, probably lucky to get a 30 second ET, and how the hell can it handle like a "sports bike"?
                  1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

converting back to street use now I removed the wheelie bars and slick , put a 170/60/18 shinko on the back . got some other stuff to do before it is done

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                      There's one in Honolulu too! I know, I've worked on it! Ray.
                      Thanks Ray!

So that now brings the grand total up to 6! if we're not careful our nation will be crawling with these things

Comment

I'd think he'd have to strap his arm/hands to the bars just to stay on the bike.
                        Bet that thing bucks like a wild horse.
                        sigpic

82 GS850
                        78 GS1000
                        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                        .................________-|___\____
                        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                          I'd think he'd have to strap his arm/hands to the bars just to stay on the bike.
                          Bet that thing bucks like a wild horse.
                          no bucking here (now i have not done a high rev launch with it) but you give it gas and the thing launches like there's no tomorrow. i can accelerate very quickly and not even a hint of light on the front. now for me staying in place is another story on the slick metal seat its all i have to keep in place. as for sport bike handling its "like" a sports bike not the bobber/chopper or crusier it looks like it very predictable and very light on it wheels "like" a sports bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
                            Thanks Ray!

So that now brings the grand total up to 6! if we're not careful our nation will be crawling with these things

The more I look at pictures of these things, the more obsessed I get with it. I might have to get a hold of some of my friends across the pond, and have them start looking around...

Comment

Turtle,

here are a few more too fuel your obsession:

Comment

Beautiful bike...you need to polish up those wheels though...

Comment

Working...
                                X