No announcement yet.

Gauge faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, please note that I can do either horizontal (original) or radial (like my example) numbering. It's just one parameter that I have to change in AutoCAD. Very easy.

Comment

Gauge faces

Can you do them for the GS750 with the KPH as the main reading??

Paddy

Comment

Originally posted by chuck_zc View Post
        Could you guy make a center section cover skin to match the guage faces. I'm in!!
        I assume that by center section cover skin you mean something that you could put over the existing face, but it doesn't cover over the numbers. I don't think this will work with the material being used. It's about 2-3 mm thick, and I don't think there will be enough clearance for the needle to spin around. If you're going to all the trouble of opening up the clocks, why not just do a whole new face?

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Can you do them for the GS750 with the KPH as the main reading??

Paddy
        I definitely could. Just let me know a few measurements. I don't know if the 750 clocks are the same as the 1000 ones. I'll send you a PDF file to compare dimensions.

Rudy

Comment

i would DEFINATELY be interested in a set for my gs1000e. would you post to uk?
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

81 GS750E and 83 GS1100ED

I'll send pics and dimensions if you are willing. These have a matte finish.

Posplayr

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
              i would DEFINATELY be interested in a set for my gs1000e. would you post to uk?
              I sure will. Postage shouldn't be too much anyway as there isn't much weight, and they're not that big. It's up to you how you want to have it shipped. Can easily provide online tracking when I pay for shipping through Paypal.

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              I'll send pics and dimensions if you are willing. These have a matte finish.

Posplayr
              Yes, dimensions and pics would be great! Yes, matte finish.

Was gonna send the drawings off for a quote today. My version of CAD at work says the file isn't compatible with this version. Computers make me mad sometimes. I'll have to save it differently at home and send it tomorrow.

Comment

cheers rudy, i can do paypal. let me know when they are available and how much including shipping. fastest post you can get lol
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

gauge faces

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                  I assume that by center section cover skin you mean something that you could put over the existing face, but it doesn't cover over the numbers. I don't think this will work with the material being used. It's about 2-3 mm thick, and I don't think there will be enough clearance for the needle to spin around. If you're going to all the trouble of opening up the clocks, why not just do a whole new face?

I definitely could. Just let me know a few measurements. I don't know if the 750 clocks are the same as the 1000 ones. I'll send you a PDF file to compare dimensions.

Rudy
                  Hi Rudy
                  Please pm me the pdf and will let you know the measurements

regards

Paddy

Comment

If they fit a 1980 850 I'm interested too, Ted

Comment

I'm in too.
                      Let me know what you need for a '79 GS850G
                      McLoud
                      '79 GS850
                      `98 GSF1200 Bandit
                      sigpic
                      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Originally posted by knotzilla View Post
                        If they fit a 1980 850 I'm interested too, Ted

Originally posted by mcloud View Post
                        I'm in too.
                        Let me know what you need for a '79 GS850G

The beauty of it is, I'll MAKE it to fit your 850. All you need to do is check the measurements with your original faces. Once I get enough people giving me measurements, I can get a pretty good idea of what's out there and pass the dimensions on to everyone.

Here's dimensions of the ones I have designed already.

The overall diameter is actually bigger than the stock ones because of the way the stock ones were illuminated. The light would shine around the outside of the face, wheras these will be illuminated from behind, making the space around the outside not needed.

Comment

interesting to see this growing. i'm definitally up for it, i'll have to measure the clocks on mine, they are actually from a 550.. also, would it be possible to have a face made that stops at 85mph? my speedo stops at 85, and i'm concerned that it wouldn't display properly with the higher top speed.

Comment

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
                            interesting to see this growing. i'm definitally up for it, i'll have to measure the clocks on mine, they are actually from a 550.. also, would it be possible to have a face made that stops at 85mph? my speedo stops at 85, and i'm concerned that it wouldn't display properly with the higher top speed.

Yeah, I've been quite surprised by how well this has taken off too! I can make the clock do whatever you want man. Might look a little funny having a big blank part on the right, but I guess you could leave it blank or I could put some kind of graphics there for ya. Maybe a big Suzuki "S" or something. It's really up to you.

I have a meeting to go to tonight, but will try to get a few things worked out for you guys as for re-designing faces for different bikes (still gotta sit down and do the MPH version as well). The big thing is differences in measurements from the 1000. Haven't heard back about anything just yet, so I'll have to wait til then.

Comment

well my concern was you'd have to space the dashes out farther to cover the whole clock, otherwise the clock would read wrong when moving, it'd be pointing to the "correct" spot, but the corrosponding number would be wrong..

unless of course i missed something obvious in the thread :P

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                                The beauty of it is, I'll MAKE it to fit your 850. All you need to do is check the measurements with your original faces. Once I get enough people giving me measurements, I can get a pretty good idea of what's out there and pass the dimensions on to everyone.

Here's dimensions of the ones I have designed already.

The overall diameter is actually bigger than the stock ones because of the way the stock ones were illuminated. The light would shine around the outside of the face, wheras these will be illuminated from behind, making the space around the outside not needed.

Are those Imperial units? say it aint so!

Comment

Working...
                                X