'80 850 bobber style project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clumzi View Post
    So, I'm curious. I've been seeing a lot of chopper/bobber projects here that have no signals, no mirrors and no gauges. What is the legality of all that? I thought at least signals and mirrors were legally mandatory. Do you just cross your fingers or what?

Also... I thought they didn't go to shafties until '82? And what is all that bike like with just a single rear disc? That sounds scary as sh!t! -nick
    I think the first shafties were 79 or 80, but not sure. Signals aren't required in my state (supposed to hand signal), not sure about mirrors but don't think so, just headlight and taillight.

Comment

Here in colorado, signals arnt required. Headlight and tail are and a mirror, i belive on the left side. ive heard of guys using 1 1/2" mirrors just to pass.

Comment

Goin' For it!

I picked up an 82 GS650 & came across your thread..

AWESOME!
        I've been inspired.. at the moment, I'm gutting the wiring.
        Thanks so much for your post.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. However, this thread is about 4 years old and it looks like the OP has left. Why not put your own thread in the GS Owners section so we can officially welcome you?
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
          X