dual gas tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dual gas tanks?

Has anyone done this on our bikes? Just wondering if it would look good with the right tank.

You thinking like the Harley tanks?

Comment

Hey, mount 2 Jericans like saddlebags. That way, you've got three. Jericans from WWII, metal-5 gallon- indestructible til you hit 'em.

Comment

well now that you asked what I was talking about I can't find any of the picture that got me thinking about it.

I think it is a cool total custom rat bike even if you don't like rat bike I think you'll like this one
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I found some pretty cheap I guess 1.5 to 2 gal. stretch tank for like 100-150 a pop thinking just getting 2 of those but didn't know what it would look like. I'm assuming the hurleys just have one bar which makes custom tanks easier. You guys might slap me (or want to cause you don't exactly know where I live) but I kinda like the looks of the twin round tube tanks. I've held 2 fire extinguishers up there (i would for sure use something else.) and from what I could tell thought it look good, but then I wasn't able to step back.

the other thing was that most of the custom tanks I saw said they still had to be coated before you could use them.

Comment

Did you notice the teeny tiny butt pad on the chromed out chop in the background?

Talk about an uncomfortable ride!

Comment

I've seen auxiliary tanks that were placed where the side covers used to be.

Comment

would there be trouble with the vacuum feed thing. Like If you just mounted some nice looking tanks in the back with an aux fuel pump that you can turn on manually to add gas to the tank when it is running low or something. I hope that is making since. I bet if this is done right with two 3 gallons tanks on each side (one pump so that that drain evenly for balance) you could easily go 5 or 6 hundred miles without having to fill up.

Comment

www.tourtank.com does the tank in the back. I'm sure they're not the only ones that do it but it was the first I ran into.

with the two tanks (if I did this) I was planning on having them both gravity fed and just a put a y in the line so they both feed into the same gas line.

Comment

if it were me id run a crossover line and then a shutoff valve on one tank with its own line going to the carb

Comment

Working...
                  X