My rattlecan Krylon paintjob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rattlecan Krylon paintjob

So I searched the forums and decided to do a rattlecan paintjob. I think it came out pretty nice, and decided to post some pics for anybody thinking of doing a rattlecan job. Enjoy, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Looks very nice, I like the color combo.
    I looked at your other bikes just now, they all look better than some professional jobs I've seen,
    very nice.
    Last edited by tkent02; 10-27-2008, 07:04 PM.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      Looks very nice, I like the color combo.
      Sweet start, but your not quite finished yet.....
      Color sand and polish it and it will look very nice indeed.
      Until you get gas on the paint.
      Be very careful.
      Some one on the GSR has found a gas proof clear that will go on OK over rattlecan paint, well worth doing.
      Has Dupont clear on it. gas wont be a problem.

Comment

I did a little editing, once I looked at your other paint jobs and figured out you knew what you were doing.

Dupont clear from a gun? Spray bomb?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

looks great. is it just parts store rattlecan paint? i need to do mine and i'm trying to decide on a color.

Comment

The clear is from a gun. The rest is just Krylon metalspeck spraypaint from autozone, and I can say that I am extremely impressed by it. It sprayed really well, and the color is just exactly what I wanted. The red is actually much darker than the pics show, more like a deep semi-candy red really. Also theres no clean up with the cans either, I hate cleaning the gun between colors.

Dupont makes a really nice acrylic clear in a can that sprays well, but it gets expensive. about 20 bucks a can and in my opinion you will need 3 cans to finish a tank, fender and side panels with enough clear to be able to buff the orange peel. But if you dont have a gun its probly you're best option.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2008, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Nice work. Love that color combo

Comment

Agreed, very cool colour combo, and a very nice job! Where do you find those clear spraybombs you were talking about? I dont have a gun, and plan a rather "cheap" can job on my 78 750 racebike replica, but would like to have that added petrol protection.

Comment

I've been spraying DupliColor bombs and they don't run under gas if you let them cure for a month. DupliColor out of my guns takes a month to cure properly anyway tho so it seems simple enough?

The biggest problem I see with spray cans as opposed to guns is that you can't adjust the spray. Cans are not consistent and they spray out so thin that it takes a hundred cans to equal a nice gun cover. Imagine the same off the shelf paint, but with enough reducer to spray translucent. Thats just my 2cents.

Nice color combo tho. I like it!!
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-07-2008, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X