Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 Seat

Time for this seat to go!

I really didn't like how tall the passenger seat was, and the vinyl stitched flames aren't my thing. Was thinking about doing the cafe thing, but this seat is so damn comfy, would like to have a seat for my girl on the back, and I like to use what I've already got (usually out of cheapness)so I was hoping what was under there was worth reusing.
    Got the cover off and found the foam was in good shape, and the seat pan is rusty, but usable.
    So after a little time with a big knife, I've got this.

Sliced about 3" of foam off the back and contoured it with a file.
    Haven't decided on what to wrap it with, but the bikes gonna be black, so I'll probably stick with black vinyl, no flames.

Man it looks great. Some finished photos will be nice. Are you doing the vinyl yourself?
    My 81 850 seat goes into the tailite plastic frame, so I have to leave it like it is. But I wanted to cut off all the foam on the front and just use about 1/2" of rebound foam then re-upholster it. How thick is the original foam in the drivers area on your bike. The bike is so high I thought a couple inches to lower it would be nice. I only want the bike for around town so no long distance saddlesore issues.
    Al

Comment

Thanks man.
      I'm gonna have an upholstery shop cover it for me. Thought about do it myself, but I don't think I could get it to look "right".
      The foam is maybe 1.5" thick in the middle. Tapers off towards the edges. It's way more comfy than the cafe seat I made for my CB350. It's made from a few .5 inch carpet pads on a wood pan, screwed to a fiberglass body. Nothing about that little honda is made for comfort though, so it works. You can kinda see the cb's seat in the bottom pic.

Comment

Well post the final results when you're done.

Comment

Working...
        X