Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just bought these (1100E luggage)

Hey all,

So I just won these KG saddlebags and rack on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...86#description

I emailed and spoke to the guy, and sent the guy a photo of my bike just to confirm this luggage did in fact come off an 82 1100E

I have a friend from CO who is picking them up for me.... so no shipping is involved from the seller.

Has anyone seen these before on an 1100E? I read somewhere on the boards here that they were rare but did exsist.

They better mount right!

Bought these now as I plan on doing some long touring next summer as well as....my bike will be my utilitarian commuter and I always wanted locking hard cases for the city
    Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2009, 09:59 AM.

those are nice, wish i saw them

Comment

Be sure and post up when they are mounted ..

Comment

Here's a shot of them on the bike

Well My buddy picked the luggage up for me in CO and is bringing them to me over thanksgiving.

Here's a (photoshop) shot of them on my bike. Obviously proportions are not precise..but they are close. Damn you WINTER!! I want to tour NOW!

Comment

Thats going to look good. If it were my bike, I'd give serious thought to incorporating that grey stripe into the bags (on top, maybe?) when I painted them. All in all, a NICE lookin pkg!
          Willie in TN
          Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
          '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
          '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
          '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
            Thats going to look good. If it were my bike, I'd give serious thought to incorporating that grey stripe into the bags (on top, maybe?) when I painted them. All in all, a NICE lookin pkg!
            Willie in TN
            Yes, very nice looking example for the EZ Boyez club I would ditch the dark grey stripe all together and put a matching fairing on it to balance out the hard bags and give you some protection while touring.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
              Willie in TN
              Thanks! Should be interesting to see how close this PS image is to the real thing. Believe it or not, that grey stipe, covers up a pink stripe created by the former owner. not sure how I like it yet. It's not so terrible , so I'll wait till have I have painting funds... 2 seasons from now.

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              Yes, very nice looking example for the EZ Boyez club I would ditch the dark grey stripe all together and put a matching fairing on it to balance out the hard bags and give you some protection while touring.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/911023812.html
              I saw this posted in the other thread. I have to go look at shots of that fairing on other bikes. not sure how I like it. then I would have to paint it...see above reply.

Any of you guys happen to ever see another example of hardbage on the 1100E? (82-83). It would really help to see how others have handled them.

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
                Any of you guys happen to ever see another example of hardbage on the 1100E? (82-83). It would really help to see how others have handled them.
                I tried it once but the set I had didnt fit and they didnt look as nice as the set you have. Good idea tho.......I think these Bikes make fine tourers.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                  I tried it once but the set I had didnt fit and they didnt look as nice as the set you have. Good idea tho.......I think these Bikes make fine tourers.

Very nice, thanks for pulling out that picture. I'm sure I'll have some mounting questions when I install them.

While I was anxiously looking for an EZ/ED over the summer, I posted a thread, asking what people thought of touring on the 1100E (82-83). There was an overwhelming response of "are you kidding, I toured for XXX amount miles...it's great!"..that sort of thing.

I've repeatedly searched for that thread now that I have my 1100E to see what advice people had. I think the thread got deleted during the hack. bummer

thanks again Dave!

Comment

Working...
                  X