cutting off the passenger peg mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cutting off the passenger peg mounts

is this an okay thing to do? i have a 79 gs750 and i want to remove the triangles that the passenger pegs are mounted to. i will leave the lower tube on the right side for my exhaust mount. will this effect the integrityof the frame at all? wanted to get an okay from the experts first.

Well, I cut mine off. I cant really see where those would effect the rest of the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by muskies666 View Post
      is this an okay thing to do? i have a 79 gs750 and i want to remove the triangles that the passenger pegs are mounted to. i will leave the lower tube on the right side for my exhaust mount. will this effect the integrityof the frame at all? wanted to get an okay from the experts first.
      cut them off then you got an excuse to go out for a spin without the wife on board!
      seriously it wont affect the bike whatsoever
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I cut mine and left a little bit of the lower tubes, so I could connect a brace between them. Mounted in the center of the brace is a rubber bumper for the centerstand to rest against.

Comment

Mine are cut on the 77 750. I didnt do it, unfortunately, or i would have chosen a different way of doing it. Either way, no performance effect, in the negative sense, other than the fact that you now have to find a place to hang your pipe from.

Comment

Working...
          X