New Headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Headlight

I took the square 1979 GS750 headlight off my bike and threw it away about six months ago (it was nasty-blah) On the factory round GS headlights; are they all sealed beam? Also-I have what appears to be H4 connection from the wiring harness. It "looks" like the sealed beam's connector (on the bulb) is hidden by the plastic shell on everyone I see online. Are these sealed beam bulbs H4 or not . Thanks guys!

As delivered in the US they were sealed beam. If you are working with the 7" light then just install your choice of light in the housing.

Comment

i just got an H4 bulb and housing from rustybronco and it plugged right in to my existing housing. I had the sealed beam and the H4 was much better. I couldn't believe how easy it was, plug and go. I have a 1979 GS850.
      1979 GS850G
      2004 SV650N track bike
      2005 TT-R125 pit bike
      LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

I just put this on my 850.....

Looks and works great. Stock bucket.

Comment

So how's it working? I was wondering if the 4000k would recreate any issues with stressing the wiring? I mine is 3200K, i think.

I put my H4 on in december and have not been able to use it yet b/c of weather conditions. Just 5 more weeks and i'm hoping to get out there and test it out.
          1979 GS850G
          2004 SV650N track bike
          2005 TT-R125 pit bike
          LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

I am in a similar situation. I have yet to give it a long term riding at night type of test. I can tell you in some general static tests, with the light stationary and pointed down the road, it's much brighter and significantly farther down my path than the stock sealed beam lens. Whiter, less yellow light than the stock lamp also. Currently my lamp is the one that came with the new lens, and it's a 55/60 garden variety lamp. It's a matching lamp to the one that was in my sealed beam, so I bet I could get one with more intensity in the visual range if I need to.

No noticable heat issues at this time. Of course it there is an issue, I'll look like ghost rider.

loudest143

Comment

Originally posted by loudest143 View Post
              Currently my lamp is the one that came with the new lens, and it's a 55/60 garden variety lamp. It's a matching lamp to the one that was in my sealed beam, ......
              Didn't you get the Ultra Blue H4 they talk about in the pitch?
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Heh heh, yes, I did get the one in the pitch. I've just got a better pair in a drawer on the bench left over from my china scooter. When weather permits, I believe a proper study will be in order. Just no real point in having a brighter light while it's under the blankets in the garage.

loudest143

Comment

Is that just the reflector and lens or does that come with the bucket? $15 is really cheap.

Comment

It's just the reflector and lens, which is all one piece just like the stock sealed beam. Also, it came with the 55/60watt h4 lamp. Plug and play, perfect fit, manufactured by Autopal. That's who made my sealed beam.

Comment

Awesome responces-been off line lately. Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X