No announcement yet.

GS1150ES Rear Fender Skirt Eliminator (How to Remove the Rear Fender) GS1150E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend eliminated the rear fender on his 1100E too. It does give the bike a more modern/light look, and also seems to make the rear tire look wider. His mod is not as easily reversed, but since it's already far from stock it probably wasn't an issue. Strategic placement of the plate eliminates the 'striped jacket' on wet roads.

Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

1150E flap and snout

any time you want to get rid of the parts you took off contact me. I'll take it all!!
      1981 GS750L (sold)
      1981 GS750L (current)
      1978 Yamaha RD400 (RD = Race Development)
      1981 Honda CT70 (86+ MPG at WOT most of the time)
      1983 GS1100GL (needs work: update, gone to a new home)
      1956 Simplex (with a TS250 motor)
      1985 GS1150E (Hammer Time!!)
      1998 1200 Bandit (Rattler)
      1980 GS1100L (Janice)
      Do I continue?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col Jeff Cooper
      e tan, e epi tan

Comment

Replies

MySuzyQ,
        There is the that beautiful 1100E of yours taunting me still. We'll see how my plate placement works out. I'll give one of the kids a ride, he he he, and see what happens to them.

Tazman,
        Maybe one day bud when I have parted with the notion that taking it back to the stock look makes it worth more. I am seriously leaning toward plunging into the full on mod with a Gixxer front end, swingarm and wheels.

Comment

To my eye (One that sees a little skewed anyway) the ugliness of the 1150's comes not from the fender and blinkers, but rather from the tail light, that big stupid lookin' grab bar, and the passenger seat.

That's just my opinion however. I do like the fact that you've not made these mods irreversible.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
            MySuzyQ,
            There is the that beautiful 1100E of yours taunting me still. We'll see how my plate placement works out. I'll give one of the kids a ride, he he he, and see what happens to them.
            I am seriously leaning toward plunging into the full on mod with a Gixxer front end, swingarm and wheels.
            Thanks, Guyver. With the amount of $$ and time you would spend adapting modern gear to fit your bike, it might be better to just buy an older Gixxer to beat on, and preserve your sharp 1150 in stock-ish form....the older sportbikes seem to be pretty cheap lately. Just my thinking, when considering those mods too.

Tony.
            '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
            Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Working...
            X