$110 for fender and brace a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$110 for fender and brace a good deal?

I've contacted a local bike wrecker that posted an ad for parting out an 83 1100. I want the front fender and fork brace, which are in good shape. He said i could have it for $110 shipped plus taxes. Seems a little extravagant to me, but then there's no customs or other baloney.

Would you guys say it's a decent deal?

Rudy,

Sounds like to much to me, I sold my entire 82 1100 front end including the wheel and a new tire for $250. IMO if you shop it around you should be able to get it for half that.

Comment

Sounds expensive, if it's the stock 'U' shaped metal brace that runs under the fender.....with a Telefix or similar aftermarket brace in good shape, it might be acceptable.

Tony.
      '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
      Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I beat him down on price til I thought it was a fair deal. He used the old "a guy is coming to buy the whole bike tomorrow" thing. Got the whole thing for $90 CAD. If I were to get this stuff off ebay separate, I'd pay more for sure with the international shipping. Both parts look in mint shape. They're shipping out today.

It's not the stock fork brace. It's an external one. Dunno what manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
        X